How am I supposed to be as an Indian?
Declaration of commitment for a short stay
If you invite a foreign visitor to Germany for a short time, you can submit a declaration of commitment for your visit. Your visit needs such a declaration of commitment especially if they apply for a short-stay visa and cannot pay the costs of their stay in Germany themselves. The declaration of commitment is generally recognized by German diplomatic missions abroad for up to 6 months after it has been issued.
Due to the global spread of the COVID-19 virus, please note that there are worldwide restrictions on tourist travel that are subject to permanent changes. The German consulates and embassies are not offering their services as usual. Please inform yourself on the website of the Federal Foreign Office about the conditions in the country of your foreign visitor.
What is a short stay visa?
With a short stay visa, your visit can stay in Germany for up to 90 days within a period of 180 days. It applies to private visits, tourist trips and business trips. It is also called "Schengen Visa" or "Tourist Visa". You can find out more about the short-stay visa on the website of the Federal Foreign Office (see section “Further information”).
What are the costs?
With the declaration you undertake to assume all costs that the state could incur as a result of your visit to Germany. These include:
- Cost of living (e.g. for food, drink, housing, clothing, medical treatment, medication or care)
- Costs that arise if the authorities are forced to send your visit back to their home country.
- Appearance in person by appointment
- Visitor has planned a short stay Your visit planned a short stay in Germany. It is already clear when he will enter Germany and when he will leave again.
- Enough income or savings
- You should be able to use your own income or savings to pay for all costs that may arise during your visit to Germany. This is assessed according to how high your income or your balance in savings or fixed-term deposit accounts is and how many guests you would like to invite.
- You can find an overview of the required income or savings in the section "Further information".
- If you cannot credibly demonstrate your financial standing, this will be noted on the declaration of commitment.
- Residence in Berlin (for legal entities: seat in Berlin)
- You live in Berlin and are registered here. A second residence in Berlin is sufficient.
- If a company or an association or another legal person makes the declaration, the legal person must be based in Berlin.
- Without EU or EEA citizenship: Valid residence permit
- You do not have German citizenship, that of another EU country or of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway? Then you need a valid residence permit, for example a residence permit or settlement permit.
- Your residence permit must be valid longer than your visit to Germany intends to stay. How long it has to be valid after that depends on the individual case.
- A residence permit, tolerance or fiction certificate is not sufficient.
- "Information on the declaration of commitment" form (completed)
- Please bring the form with you, filled in as completely, correctly and clearly legible as possible.
- Spouses traveling with you and unmarried underage children of your visit can be entered in the same form.
- For other family members traveling with you on your visit, please fill out a separate declaration of commitment.
- The information is voluntary. Incomplete information can, however, lead to the refusal of the visa.
- Form "Instructions on the storage and use of the application data in the VIS" (completed)
- "Additional declaration to the declaration of commitment" form
- Please read the information in the form carefully before your appointment with us.
- Should you have any further questions, we will be happy to answer them during your appointment.
- Please bring the form with you to the appointment, but without a signature.
- Proof of your income or savings (original) If you are an employee:
- the last three net earnings statements
- Does your employer not issue statements of net earnings on a monthly basis, but only when your salary changes? If so, please bring the last certificate of net earnings with you and provide evidence of the last 3 incoming salaries by means of bank statements.
- Notification of your retirement pension
If you are self-employed or freelance:
- Last tax assessment (if the application is submitted by June 30, the tax assessment from the year before last, if the application is submitted from July 1, the tax assessment from the previous year) or
- a certificate stating the approximate current net income for the last 3 months; The certificate (not older than 14 days) would have to be issued by a person who works as a tax advisor, auditor or lawyer (only with relevant professional experience in tax law).
- Your health insurance Proof of
- voluntary membership in statutory health insurance or
- the amount of the contributions for any existing private health insurance
- For legal persons: Proof of power of representation for example by an extract from the commercial register or from the register of associations
- ID document
- Your identity card or your passport
- Copy of the passport of the person applying for the short stay visa
- If you do not have a regular income: proof of savings (original) Only savings or time deposit accounts with German financial institutions can be taken into account (no shares, funds, other securities or speculative investments).
- More documents Additional documents may be required in individual cases.
Average time of processing
- How did SoftBank start
- How many Pokemon are there including forms
- Galgotia University is good for civil engineering
- What are the best 5 MP cameras
- What is the detail of the VGG network
- What is Adjustment Credit
- Is Dabangg 3 the last Dabangg movie
- Why does a narcissist feel nothing
- What are the best TED talks about health
- Recognizes one of the parties their hypocrisy
- Why is franchising a bad business model
- Can I invest in PNB now
- What is Eric Prydz known for?
- How can retailers stay relevant in 2020?
- Who discovered that crabs were edible
- What jobs do behavioral economists get
- Will Python ever outperform C ++
- What is fly posting
- How can reviews help a company?
- What is critical mass
- Is negative space black or white
- What is Nissan Intelligent Mobility
- PPP effect on the Indian economy
- What is the best crowdlending site