What is visual optics
We perceive over 80% of the senses with our eyes. But vision consists of much more than just the sharp image through two glasses or contact lenses. So it can happen that despite optimally adjusted glasses with the best possible correction of the ametropia, one does not have relaxed vision!
As early as the end of the 19th century, the foundations of today's functional optometry emerged in the USA with the knowledge that vision consists of the interaction of 4 sub-functions. These are motor skills (eye movements), vergence (aligning the visual axes with the visual object), accommodation (focusing the eye lenses) and processing or perception. If these functions do not work together optimally, this can lead to so-called asthenopic complaints (headaches, burning eyes, sensitivity to light, etc.) as well as reading and spelling weaknesses or learning, concentration and perception disorders.
Today there is also the fact that the demands on our vision have increased or changed dramatically in recent years. The digital world creates additional visual stress, as our vision is simply not designed for hours of close-up work or work on a computer screen in closed rooms.
One reason why myopia and dry eyes are also increasing!
In the visual analysis, in addition to screening, we mainly deal with measurements of the 4 sub-functions of vision using a set program. The evaluation then serves as a basis for visual training or other options for optimizing the visual system.
What is measured in the visual analysis and what does it cost?
The process of screening and measuring the 4 main functions of vision includes the following:
Computer eye test
Objective measurement of eyesight with the computer and aberrometry (aberrations of the eyes)
Visual performance of the eyes in the distance and near
Subjective measurement of precise eyesight
Very detailed measurement of all visual functions such as oculomotor, pupil function, accommodation, vergences, stereo vision and the endurance of the visual system
Comprehensive advice on optimizing the visual functions
approx. 60-90 minutes spread over at least 2 appointments
89, - EUR including measurement of the current prescription (offsetting of 30, - EUR when buying glasses)
Recommendation for a visual analysis:
- in the case of frequent lack of concentration or rapid fatigue, especially when reading
- Reluctance to read, reading or writing slowly
- poor athletic performance
- Confusion of letters such as b and d, p and q
- very close reading or writing distance
- inaccurate drawing or unclean typeface
- irregular spacing between words when writing
- Inability to write in one line
- Headache or burning eyes when reading or writing for a long time
- asymmetrical head posture or head rotation
- Letters slip into each other when reading
- frequent losing the line when reading
- quick forgetting of the read text
- Frequent rubbing of the eyes or pinching
- occasional double vision
- it takes a long time to focus between distance and near vision (if you are under 40 years of age)
- high sensitivity to glare
- dry eyes
- Problems with coordination and balance
- frequent bumping into objects
How can visual problems be improved?
Since not all options are suitable for every case, a detailed analysis of the visual system is essential before recommending suitable measures!
- with prism glasses
- Wellness glasses
- Visual hygiene tips (reading distance, lighting, etc.)
- Vision training (probably from autumn 21)
The visual analysis is ideally carried out after a presentation of the problem to an ophthalmologist to clarify pathological causes.
Only if an eye disease can be ruled out does it make sense to start with the functional optometric measurement series.
Since we are not specialty child optometrists, we cannot take measurements on toddlers or children of preschool age.
We currently do not offer any visual training, but rather limit ourselves to analysis and correction with glasses. The visual training is expected to follow from mid / late 2021.
also suitable for the topic:
We humans are becoming more and more short-sighted. Children and adolescents are particularly badly affected. Here you can find out why this is, what serious consequences high myopia can have and what options there are today to minimize the risk.
There is a little bit of everything here: measuring the individual visual strengths for glasses or contact lenses, glaucoma screening, tear film analysis, AMD screening, eye function tests, myopia control, as well as twilight, color and contrast vision. The great vision analysis is therefore a vision test for holistic vision! The weighting of the individual screenings is primarily based on a detailed anamnesis and age.
Dry eyes are almost a common ailment today. Here you can find out everything about our tear film analysis up to suitable measures of relief such as e.g. the new LLLT application for a dysfunction of the lipid-producing meibomian glands.
- Where can I download Google Sketchup 6
- How to dilute homeopathic medicines
- What are the sources for an economics degree
- How many departments does Wipro have
- How do I run virtualenv over PowerShell
- Who is the richest woman in Vietnam
- How can I listen to deleted voicemails
- Papiamento is the official language in Aruba
- When are updates available via apt get
- AIIMS Patna has a quarter for faculties
- Games are a waste of time
- Why is juice purification a trend
- Goat sheep farming is a profitable business
- Trump understands science
- How did you recover from hopelessness
- Why is BTS cute
- What is a Hebrew text
- What was the Iranian Revolution of 1979
- Check your testosterone levels
- What does Google Chrome use SQLite for?
- How was your worst breakup
- Which pharmacy carries Sprix
- Who are TaskRabbits' main competitors
- How is Rahu doing in the fourth house
- Why don't we stop hurricanes
- Is there a current usage for HTML
- Should I stop playing football?
- What does chervil mean in Bengali
- Muscle pain can be severe
- How to achieve nirvana
- Which Call of Duty do you prefer
- Where is the Ariel Lift Bridge
- What is a cash settlement risk