Who implements the policy of the cabinet ministers?
Who is in the Bundestag? - Politics simply explained
The President of the Bundestag
The President of the Bundestag (or one of his deputies) sits at the front in the middle of the plenary chamber. His job: He announces which topic will be discussed and ensures that no MPs speak too long and that as many as possible have their say.
The Federal Council
In the plenary hall of the Bundestag, the members of the Bundesrat sit to the right of the President of the Bundestag.
Federal Chancellor and Minister
To the left of the President of the Bundestag is the government bank. The Federal Chancellor and the ministers take their seats there. The word "minister" comes from Latin and translates as "servant". Each minister heads a ministry and is responsible for a specific area of work: the finance minister for finance, the environment minister for the environment, the defense minister for defense ...
The members of the Bundestag
Each MP has a specific seat in the plenary chamber. He or she sits in front of or next to his party colleagues. A member of the Bundestag is also called a parliamentarian or member of the Bundestag (Member of the Bundestag). The members of a party form a so-called fraction.
By the way: Only those parties are allowed to move into the Bundestag which received at least five percent of the votes in the Bundestag election!
Would you like to attend a session in the Bundestag one day? No problem: In the stands for visitors - above the heads of the MPs - there is space for almost 400 people. However, you have to register in advance and are not allowed to say a sound - and not to clap or boo.
The Bundestag eagle
The Bundestag eagle is of course not a real eagle, but a large statue. The Bundestag eagle hangs in the plenary hall of the German Bundestag. It is 58 square meters and weighs 2.5 tons, about as much as a white rhinoceros. The eagle is the heraldic animal of the Germans. It not only adorns our euro coins, but also the passport.
Our book tip: Professional knowledge Germany
You can find more information on German politics in the new volume "Why? Why? Why? Profiwissen: Germany". The book from Ravensburger Verlag conveys the basics of our political system and introduces the milestones in recent German history. You will learn exciting facts on current topics such as migration and the role of Germany in the European Union and you will also learn important things about the geography and society of Germany.
- title: Professional knowledge Germany
- Author: Andrea Schwendemann
- publishing company: Ravensburger Buchverlag
- Published: 2017
- scope: 54 pages
- Age recommendation: from 8 years
- price: 14.99 euros
- Meso compounds can be called achiral
- What reasons pull people together
- What is gate check
- What is the Mercalli Scale
- What is EPC Rating
- Did you get satisfaction through vengeance?
- What does fiber optic cable mean in a railway
- Indicates obsessive stalking is a mental illness
- What is Kurdish nationalism
- How does the eidetic memory work
- What are the best levitation technologies
- What jobs will India lose through automation
- Freddie Mercury was ticklish
- Are the courses offered online?
- What is an AWS CI CD
- Video games teach or destroy morality
- Now is a good time to invest
- What is the best adjustable kettlebell
- What is rubber used for postage stamps
- What is an HD Quad Core Processor
- You can trust Facebook's Libra crypto currency
- Who are the best South Indian architects
- How can I reverse the entry in SAP
- How does face recognition work