Is to tear a consonant or a vowel
Gases or alley?
Gase: Emphasize the vowel a and speak to him long out!
Gasse: Emphasize the vowel a and speak to him short out!
To show that the stressed Vowel (a, e, i, o, u) short should be pronounced, one doubles the next letter (consonant) that follows this vowel.
The double letter is called Double consonant.
Examples: Summer, sun, chain, cardboard, fountain pen ...
When a stressed vowel short is pronounced, follow two consonants.
Tips and Tricks
If you are unsure whether or not to write a word with a double consonant, you should pronounce the word very clearly and put it in Syllables disassemble.
Example: Water, swim
It can be the double consonant at the end of the word stands.
Example: Fur, nice
You have to lengthen these words first and then speak them in syllables:
the fur: the fur; nice: the nice kids
kapiert.decan do more:
- interactive exercises
- individual classwork trainer
- Learning manager
There are two exceptions: k + z
If you double these two letters after a stressed, short vowel, you write:
- ck instead of kk: Trick, jacket, dachshund
- tz instead of zz: Heat, cap, rush
- exceptions are Foreign words / technical terms, such as
sketch, Pizza and jacket.
- What is a comb
- How does sugar dissolve in water
- Do dental assistants have technical training
- What is a good online bank
- When will Sweden free Rocky ASAP
- How is AAFT Noida
- What are the best fashion shows
- Can the Facebook language be customized
- What is ashwagandha
- You can use tempura to thicken the sauce
- There are 22 Indian languages
- Find a friend 1
- Don't you like monkeys
- What is Kanye West educational background
- When should children leave their parents?
- Why is it not possible to use brute force AES encryption
- What are some notable no-code apps
- How can braces repair overbites?
- How do pharmaceutical companies influence doctors
- Why digital printing is better than offset printing
- Hard Brexit occurs What's next
- What is control theory in sociology
- How does Wattpad work
- Why do sweet things hurt teeth