What elements make magnesium sulfate
to directory mode
Context to magnesium sulfate
Sulphate the salt of sulfuric acid
Sulphate is a salt of sulfuric acid. Sulfuric acid as a dibasic acid forms two series of salts: sulfates, MlSO4, and hydrogen sulfates, MlHSO4.
Main group sulphates: Alkali sulphates are easily soluble in water and very thermally stable. Sodium sulfate is an important alkali sulfate. It is used in the glass, detergent and paper industries. Sodium Sulphate Decahydrate, Na2SO4· 10 H.2O, (Glauber's salt) is used in medicine as a laxative.
The solubility of the alkaline earth sulfates decreases with increasing atomic number of
- MgSO4 (260) about
- CaSO4 (2.41) and
- SrSO4 (0.113) up to
- BaSO4 (0.002).
Calcium sulphate is sparingly soluble. Strontium and barium sulfate are practically insoluble. Alkaline earth sulfates are very thermally stable.
An important main group sulphate is lead sulphate, which is formed during the discharge reaction of the lead accumulator. It is almost insoluble in water. The formation of lead sulfate therefore serves to detect lead ions.
Another important main group sulfate is aluminum sulfate. It is used in the paper and pulp industry or for water purification. Aluminum sulfate anhydrous is a white powder. The water-containing aluminum sulfate forms colorless, needle-shaped crystals.
Subgroup sulfates: Iron (II) sulfate is formed when iron is dissolved in sulfuric acid. It crystallizes from aqueous solution as light green iron sulfate heptahydrate, FeSO4, (Iron vitriol). In dry air the hydrate weathers with loss of water and yellow-brown color (oxidation to iron (III)). The double salt with ammonium sulfate (Mohr's salt) (NH4)2Fe (SO4)26 H.2O.
Copper sulphate is formed when copper is dissolved in hot, dilute sulfuric acid when exposed to air.
Copper sulfate crystallizes from aqueous solution as blue copper sulfate pentahydrate, CuSO4 · 5 H2O. Anhydrous CuSO4 is white and easily absorbs water again, turning blue. Therefore copper sulphate can be used to detect small amounts of water, for example in alcohol.
Information on magnesium and other magnesium compounds can be found in the magnesium learning unit
- Make yourself uncomfortable in cinemas Why
- Which artist sang the song You I.
- What is disappointing
- Which country is more than 90 male
- Can KKR win this year's title
- What are the best dog walking companies
- Why are the people in Utah so big
- How can I meet Tom Holland
- We are objects
- Is it safe to invest in Denmark
- Can cops make a coup
- How can Waze be improved
- What will the lifestyle be like in the DTU
- Who benefited from JFK's death
- When was Kerala founded?
- What number is Tetra
- How do scenario and sensitivity analysis differ?
- When will China stop torturing prisoners?
- Why couldn't Quora be built on blockchain?
- What is the difference between YouTube and MegaUpload
- What's your rating of NuvaRing
- Which Quora topic is causing the most trouble
- 20 rep squats are effective
- Why has France banned headscarves?