What is plaque-rich plasma
PRP - platelet rich plasma
What is PRP?
The healing process of injured or inflamed tissue is a complex process. The blood platelets (thrombocytes) play a crucial role in tissue regeneration and repair. At the site of the injury, they release valuable enzymes and growth factors that promote tissue reconstruction. Platelets thus promote regeneration and inhibit painful inflammatory processes.
Hyaluronic acid, a tried and tested representative in the treatment of osteoarthritis symptoms for decades, has found a strong partner: self-blood therapy or self-plasma therapy using PRP = P.laminaR.oak P.lasma (platelet rich plasma) represents the next generation of treatment in regenerative medicine.
When does PRP therapy make sense?
PRP is used for cartilage damage and osteoarthritis problems, but also for muscle injuries or tendinitis. Treatment is tailored to the patient's individual needs.
How does the treatment with PRP work?
After a blood sample, the production of PRP only takes a few minutes in our practice. Platelets are isolated by centrifugation from a small amount of autologous blood, which is obtained from a vein, just like a normal blood sample. This creates a platelet-rich plasma (PRP), which also contains other repair substances. The PRP is applied to the joint in question using a syringe. The simultaneous application of hyaluronic acid and PRP can increase the success of the treatment: the effectiveness of the PRP treatment starts a little later than the hyaluronic acid, but the therapeutic effect lasts longer. When combining these two therapies, they work not only individually, but also synergistically. This results in an improvement of the pain, the functionality of the joint and thus also the mobility for the patient - and that over a long period of time.
How much does PRP treatment cost?
Currently, treatment with PRP is not a health insurance benefit; the treatment costs must be borne by the patients themselves. At Orthopedicum Frankfurt we offer both hyaluronic acid therapy alone and the combination of PRP / hyaluronic acid.
Please ask us which treatment makes sense in your case. We are happy to help.
- How does suicide affect karma?
- Are you sure of your religion?
- Germany's record for LGBTQ rights is improving
- What is a dynamic constant in math
- When was the email first introduced?
- How shows film in cars
- Why is Palestine shrinking
- What is a stud like in the matter
- Michael Jordan was an underrated passerby
- Who were the seventy disciples of Jesus?
- How is 5w30 oil compared to 10w40
- Where is the Anaamalai nature reserve located
- What is the human basis
- Which three websites do you visit most often
- Make professional bakers freeze cakes
- What is Cryptonex
- Is cash a liability or an asset
- Where can I learn advanced math online
- Is FDDI Noida good for fashion design
- What's the most distracting thing ever
- What is the ultimate guide to content growth
- All dinosaurs had feathers
- What do you mean by financial profitability
- At what PSI could Mike Tyson beat