How do I train for 5 km run
We make it! Easy running training for a 5 km run
Jogging is actually pretty easy. All you need is good shoes and off you go. But be careful: Bloody beginners shouldn't just start running, but stick to special running training! This helps to get the body used to running slowly and not to overwhelm it right away.
But what does running training look like? There are tons of training plans on the Internet for beginners, amateur runners and marathon runners. The running training is mainly based on the goals we set for ourselves. If we just want to run five kilometers in a row, we need a different training plan than someone who wants to run the five kilometers in under 30 minutes. Or someone who trains for a 10 kilometer run or even a half marathon.
THESE mistakes should be avoided by novice runnersVideo by Jane Schmitt
For all those who are just starting out with jogging and want to slowly feel their way around, we have a leisurely training session for a five-kilometer run here. The training plan is designed for a period of five weeks. But if you notice after the first unit that you have spent too much time on the sofa and are therefore not fit enough, you can take it slower. Running should be strenuous and challenging the body, but nobody has to feel like they are about to die after jogging.
And do not forget: Running training should be fun! Therefore, do not overwhelm yourself and it is best to look for a training partner. Jogging is twice as much fun as a couple!
Reading tip: Smartwatch test: These watches are very popular right now
Finally jogging! With these 5 tips you are guaranteed to get the running fever
Motivation tips for running training
Keeping up the running training is difficult for many. Suddenly you have to do sport three days a week ... It's easier with these tips:
- Find a training partner and train together
- Schedule training days firmly in the calendar
- Write down goals, why do I want to run?
- Note successes
- Think about small rewards a week after you have successfully completed the running training
Drink water: How much you should drink each day and why it REALLY matters
Running training for a 5 km run: Training plan week 1
The running training will take place on three days each over the next few weeks. In principle, you can lay your days as you want. However, especially at the beginning, you should make sure that you always have a day's break between running units. After the jogging round, a short stretch should be on the plan.
Monday: 4 x 5 minutes of slow jogging, in between 1 minute walking break
Wednesday: 3 x 10 minutes of slow jogging, with a 2-minute break in between
Friday or Saturday: 4 x 5 minutes of slow jogging, in between 1 minute walking break
Running training for a 5 km run: Training plan week 2
Also read: Run the kilos away! 5 reasons jogging lose weight works so well
If you can manage it physically, you should change your running training and jog a little longer at a time - very comfortably. The pace doesn't matter now.
Monday: Jog 3 x 10 minutes with a 1-minute break in between
Wednesday: Jog 2 x 15 minutes with a 2-minute break in between
Friday or Saturday: Jog 3 x 10 minutes with a 1-minute break in between
Running training for a 5 km run: Training plan week 3
The runs in one go are getting longer and longer. To keep up the running training, you should run slowly and calmly.
Monday: 2 x 15 minutes jogging, in between 2 minutes walking break
Wednesday: 2 x 20 minutes jogging, in between 2 minutes walking break
Friday or Saturday: 2 x 15 minutes jogging, in between 2 minutes walking break
Running training for a 5 km run: Training plan week 4
If you want to gain a bit of speed and feel fit, you should vary the speeds a little for the running units. This is called interval training and it is very effective. Slow and slightly faster units alternate with each other in interval training. This also makes running training a little more varied and time goes by faster.
Monday: 2 x 20 minutes jogging, in between 2 minutes walking break
Wednesday: 1 x 30 minute jog
Friday or Saturday: 2 x 20 minutes jogging, in between 2 minutes walking break
Running training for a 5 km run: Training plan week 5
Reading tip: Double the fitness effect: jogging plus strength training - this is how it works!
Done! Anyone who has completed their running training by week five is ready for the five-kilometer run. Always stay tuned, then the built-up condition won't go straight back to the ground. And don't worry if you can't completely make it through the first long run. Just keep going, next time it will definitely work!
Monday: 1 x 25 minute jog
Wednesday: 1 x 35 minute jog
Friday or Saturday: 1 x 25 minute jog
- What is a floating point exception SIGFPE
- Which groups usually recorded short songs
- Which artist sang the song Beautiful Girls
- Which aircraft carriers do the British use
- Milk increases the weight of PCOD
- Cats lick them like other animals
- What makes forex go up and down
- Are images available royalty-free on Quora
- What is the feminine equivalent of manspreading
- How do Indian farmers make more profit
- What is the conservative solution to corporatism
- What is a counter in Python 3
- Which industry is better civil or IT
- Why is oxygen more reactive than nitrogen
- When are updates available via apt get
- Is anorthosite intrusive or extrusive
- When was music invented?
- When was Uber founded?
- When does the Premier League start?
- What is an ethernet converter
- Is paper an agro-based industry?
- Can I add Kodi to the Boxee Box?
- What is the best ISO certification
- Where do veins collect blood from
- Visit Rakuten VJTI
- What should we not do with makeup?
- You can outsource the redemption
- How has the bourgeoisie dominated the proletariat?
- Can plants get human diseases?
- How Google Analytics works for mobile apps
- Well worth the purchase of the Range Rover 2009
- Is God an artist