Who and what drives the stock markets
The Dax went on a recovery course on Monday after a temporary phase of weakness. The German benchmark index rose by 0.7 percent to 15,236 points by the end of trading, after having briefly slipped into the red. Investors are counting on a rapid economic recovery after the coronavirus pandemic. Their optimism was strengthened by the recent strong company figures. German retail sales in March were also significantly better than expected. Stockbrokers took this as an indication that the economic upswing is gaining momentum.
Investors focused on companies from the Dax group Siemens. The medical technology manufacturer Siemens Healthineers increased sales significantly in the second fiscal quarter. The shares of the Siemens subsidiary rose in the M-Dax by two percent. The wind turbine manufacturer Siemens Gamesa recorded better operational development in the second fiscal quarter. However, due to the delay in projects and the postponement of orders, the company capped the upper end of its sales forecast for the current fiscal year. The shares of Siemens Gamesa lost almost four percent in Madrid.
Siemens stocks increased by 1.5 percent. Among the favorites in the M-Dax, the shares of Lufthansa gained 2.6 percent in value. Company boss Carsten Spohr announced in an interview with the Picture on sunday announced that Lufthansa and its subsidiary Eurowings plan to fly to more than 100 holiday destinations in the summer. In addition, the Federal Government's Tourism Commissioner, Thomas Bareiß (CDU), is in good spirits that Germans can go on vacation within Europe in the summer.
At the start of the new stock market month, investors on Wall Street were also keen to buy. The leading index Dow Jones improved by 0.7 percent to 34 113 points. The share price of the diagnostics group Precipio jumped 181 percent after the company is now also selling its corona antibody rapid tests on Amazon. So far, only doctors or medical institutions have been allowed to purchase the tests via the sales platform. However, there are plans to further develop the rapid tests for use at home.
- Science is paranormally real
- Is there a science behind the Gayathri mantra
- Are retirement accounts protected from creditors
- How do you say in Thai
- Can you play Fortnite on Roblox?
- What are some examples of constellations
- Are GCDs negative
- What is the full form of ANS
- Hydroxycut actually helps you lose weight
- Can you work in Northern Cyprus
- Do you like your voice
- Why shouldn't I buy a MacBook?
- Is BF3 a trigonal planar
- Could a president lift the term limit?
- What is 1 harm in real life
- Is Haldia good for the ECE
- We are born with our characters
- Will Naruto Hokage
- Which authority will collect and administer GST?
- What factors affect a person's eating preferences?
- Absolutely everything has electromagnetic fields
- How the earth warms the atmosphere
- How do I become friends with myself
- How are psychopathic tendencies in everyone