Can decaffeinated coffee help reduce palpitations
Decaffeinated coffee - you should know that
Decaffeinated coffee thanks to solvents
One of the most common methods of decaffeinating coffee today uses solvents. To do this, the first step is to let the coffee beans swell in order to make them ready for the solvents. If these are then used, patience is required: At least ten hours Usually the coffee beans have to be treated with solvents in order to release their caffeine. But the use of solvents is not entirely undisputed. To date, it has not been conclusively clarified whether the substances that are used are dangerous to health or not. Namely, there seems to be evidence that at least one solvent, viz Dichloromethane, is potentially carcinogenic.
Does decaffeinated coffee make sense during pregnancy?
For many expectant mothers, pregnancy means doing without a number of things that could harm the child. The same applies to caffeine - but is the fear justified?
In fact, there are studies on the subject of "caffeine and pregnancy" no clear result. Some believe that there is a statistical connection between impairments in the newborn and the mother's caffeine consumption; others do not see this connection. The question has not yet been finally clarified. However, if you don't want to take any risks, you can use decaffeinated coffee.
Our tip: especially during pregnancy, choose decaffeinated coffee that has been awarded an organic seal.
For those who cannot or do not want to do without caffeinated coffee completely, doctors have given a rough guideline up to which caffeinated coffee should also be harmless to the newborn child. Because there is one thing women should know during pregnancy: The caffeine always gets there through the placenta to the baby - However, whether the caffeine causes damage here or whether the baby can break down the caffeine very well has not been conclusively clarified. So if you want to play it safe despite caffeine, you should no more than 200 milligrams of caffeine a day to take in. The specified amount is to be understood as the total amount. This means that other foods that contain caffeine must also be included in the bill. These include, for example, chocolate, black and green tea and cocoa. Some medications can also contain caffeine. Therefore, if possible, pregnant women should keep a precise plan of what foods they consume every day and discuss this with their doctor.
Our recommendation from our shop
Decaffeinated coffee - what else you should know
- Although the coffee is called “decaffeinated”, it is never completely caffeine free. From a purely chemical point of view, it does not seem to be possible to filter caffeine out of the beans down to the last residue. In the EU it is therefore the case that coffee with a caffeine content of up to 0.1% can still be declared as decaffeinated coffee.
- Decaffeinated coffee is not automatically healthier. As we have already seen, what really matters is the method that is used to remove the caffeine from the coffee. Under certain circumstances, for example, the coffee becomes less digestible than it would be with caffeine. The stomach-friendly effect is then a thing of the past.
- Decaffeinated Organic coffee seems like a better choice. Because with organic coffee no chemical solvents may be used to rid the bean of the caffeine. So if you are afraid of dichloromethane, you should use organic decaffeinated coffee. Because this is usually decaffeinated using the CO2 method.
- Decaffeinated coffee seems too to grow naturally. In 2004, scientists discovered a naturally decaffeinated coffee plant in Ethiopia. Since then, attempts have been made in a more natural way, namely through selection and crossbreeding, to grow a coffee plant that bears caffeine-free fruit, but the coffee plants have not yet been high-yielding enough for naturally produced decaffeinated coffee to be commercially available in the near future. But as the saying goes: wait and see and tea - sorry! - Drink coffee.
Coffee is not necessarily her favorite drink. But it is always available for a chocolate dream - ideally with a portion of "Snow", the fine, cold milk foam from the Ultima Duo 2.
- What is adhirasam
- Which plates are convergent
- The PHIX-Vape uses nicotine salts
- What does the name Zebedaeus mean
- Playing the guitar improves brain function
- What are the alternatives to intellectual property
- How was your worst breakup
- How is brick reinforced Why
- How do rock bands record songs in general?
- How can we measure social behavior
- Who is your favorite Hindi poet
- Where are Selenium training videos available
- How does fibrinogen help blood clotting
- What is a controlled setting for therapy
- How do I send an email to DMV California
- Why was the Suez crisis important
- Do batteries emit protons or just electrons
- What year was Tom Brady drafted?
- Religious mania is a mental illness
- What are the best levitation technologies
- What is a bank intermediary
- What are the investment risks in Vietnam
- Is EEE a difficult industry in KIIT
- What is burgundy