What are the disadvantages of genetically modified plants
School and genetic engineering
The number of people continues to grow - in 2050 we will be over 9 billion who live mainly in cities and want to eat more meat. The agricultural area is decreasing through erosion, desertification and building-up and can only grow by destroying valuable ecosystems such as rainforests. In addition, agriculture should provide more renewable energy and raw materials.
Per: Yes, we need genetic engineering to fight hunger in the world.
In order to be able to meet our increasing demand, agricultural production will have to be almost doubled over the next few decades. This is not possible with conventional breeding methods alone. Genetic engineering alone will not eliminate hunger, but it can make an important contribution by developing high-yielding, disease- and pest-resistant and drought-tolerant plants - more effectively and faster than conventional breeding.
Cons: No, genetic engineering creates more problems than it solves.
Never before has mankind produced more food than it does today. Over a third of it is thrown away. If food were distributed fairly, nobody would go hungry. Yet a billion people are starving today - more than ever before on this planet. 70 percent of all hungry people live in the countryside - especially in Asia and Africa. What the people there lack is access to land, water and seeds, to practical know-how, to local markets and simple technologies. So far, only animal feed, cotton and energy from the fields have been produced with genetic engineering plants. In developing countries they compete with the production of food for local markets. Patents on genetic engineering plants bring poor farmers into new dependencies, as they are no longer allowed to use their harvest for sowing without paying licenses. Over a thousand patents on genetic engineering plants have already been granted.
World food theme
Case study genetically modified cotton
- Can a dog hate its owner?
- Use WhatsApp GB
- When was the email first introduced?
- What are the components of creativity
- Is negative space black or white
- Are cell phones allowed in MIT Manipal
- Can we create 3D games in Java
- What could possibly threaten the dominance of Facebook
- Where can you buy Novexium
- Why do we need UI
- Explain a book in 10 words
- Gambling destroys western civilization
- Who will buy Yahoo and when
- Can an animal have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- How does Facebook like to store button data
- Who is Girish Mathrubootham
- Are there any industrial risks in Malegaon India
- What are the myths of Grahan
- What makes experience What is experience
- Do dogs have a better sense of taste
- How does Medicare part B.
- Might the elves defeat Morgoth
- Which wrestler death affected you the most?
- How frog lays eggs
- How do I format a resume
- How many castes are there in Buddhism?
- What is your idea of a good party
- What if you think the unthinkable
- What is a non-cryptic plasmid
- What is a self-referential neural network
- What is the Brayton cooling circuit
- What age is considered old
- Can you share a tutorial about python
- How did cats become such efficient predators?