More expensive tires last longer
8 tips for maintenance: this is how your winter tires last longer
Winter often comes faster than many drivers think. The first frost or fresh snow can occur as early as October. Therefore, new winter tires should not only be thought of in late summer. Using the wrong profile increases the braking distance considerably and leads to unsafe cornering. In this way you endanger yourself and other road users. But how do winter tires last the longest? After all, four new tires are an expensive investment and every driver wants to drive as many kilometers as possible with the tires. With these eight tips you can get further than two seasons! Also discover our tire service life calculator!
Tip 1: Safe assembly
The use of the new winter tires begins with the first assembly. Make sure that the running direction of the winter tires is correct after installation. In addition, experts recommend changing the tires approx. Every 10,000 km for each axle. So all tires are loaded equally. The first test drive should lead to the petrol station, because the tire pressure must be checked there.
Tip 2: drive in carefully
The new set of winter tires should be run in carefully for the first 100 kilometers. Only then have greasy residues from production rub off and the profile blocks are roughened. For this reason, new winter tires can feel a bit spongy the first time you drive.
Tip 3: If you drive slowly, you will get further
If you want to come with your winter tires for several seasons, you should drive defensively above all. The less gas the driver gives, the better the tire will be. Because the tires wear out due to the forces to be transmitted. These are stronger at high speeds than at low speeds.
Tip 4: drive with foresight
Regular kick starts, early upshifts and abrupt braking are the enemies of every winter tire. Therefore: Drivers should always drive with foresight. This is the only way to maintain the profile and avoid accidents. It also saves fuel at the same time.
Tip 5: increase tire pressure in winter
In extremely cold weather, the tire pressure should be increased by 0.2 bar. Only when the tire is fully inflated does the optimal performance of a winter tire unfold. Caution: Even if you carry more luggage or people with you, it is worth increasing the tire pressure!
Tip 6: adapt driving behavior
A tight parking space, quick maneuvering and the tire is already bumped over the curb. It happens to everyone once. Nevertheless, you should absolutely avoid it, because the tire will be extremely damaged. If the outer skin shows cracks, you should definitely replace the tire.
Tip 7: Proper care after changing tires
Check your winter tires thoroughly after changing tires in spring! If there are bumps or cracks on the side of the tire, the tire should be replaced. Small and large stones in the profile can be carefully removed with a screwdriver. Also test whether the valve is optimally seated and the cap closes.
Tip 8: send into hibernation
In order to protect the tires optimally and to send them into hibernation with peace of mind, care must be taken to store them correctly. Store winter tires in a cool, dry and dark place. In contrast, solar radiation accelerates the aging process of the rubber compound. When storing, make sure that complete bikes can be stacked on top of each other. If you do not use complete wheels, place the winter tires standing next to each other.
- Amazonsecrets is a scam
- What are some popular dolls in Japan
- What obligations do you have to commit to?
- What is display unit and shop display
- Was the Rev. Billy Graham a universalist
- What did Oracle invent
- What are Shiats University Hostal Reviews
- How profitable are ATMs
- Online courses devalue traditional university degrees
- What are the best cell phones under 50,000
- Is Corbyn pro Brexit
- What shapes move best through water
- What behaviors can people develop unconsciously?
- How do you rate this bikini body
- Turkey violates the territorial integrity of Iraq
- Are there unsafe areas in Rotterdam, Netherlands
- How does the VA IRRRL work
- What is the press release format
- What are some terrible facts about the iPhone
- What are the 8 functional interfaces of Java
- How important is whey protein to bodybuilding
- How much do you like anal sex
- Who makes phones
- Which memory cards are PS VITA compatible?
- Can gasoline diesel be made from plastic
- How is war declared in the USA
- Why would someone ban pepper spray?
- Who was the goddess of love
- Are visible tattoos allowed in IAS
- What everyday experience does Modulo show
- When do we use the word sometime?
- What is special about the programming language Erlang
- What is API Management in Azure
- Why is America more developed than Pakistan