How is Katy Perry personally
Katy Perry on her first hit: "It was more than just a kiss"
Katy Perry shared details about her first hit, "I kissed a girl," which made her breakthrough in 2008. "To be honest, it was more than just a kiss," said the singer on Saturday (March 18) at the Human Rights Campaign Gala in Los Angeles.
"I've done more than that"
Perry received a National Equality Award and used her acceptance speech to talk about her sexual discovery phase. "I speak my truths and I paint my fantasies in these little pop songs," said the 32-year-old. For example, "I kissed a girl and I liked it." To tell the truth, I did more than that, "Perry said.
Long problems with their sexuality
The singer admitted that she had problems with her first experiences and her sexuality because she was brought up in a very religious home - her parents are both pastors. She said she grew up singing gospel and attended youth religious camps that believed that schools and lesbians could be re-educated.
Fashion Week with Katy Perry + Co. Star Casserole on Park Avenue108 images
She did not know how to reconcile her own experiences with this upbringing. "What I did know, however, was that I was curious. And even then I suspected that sexuality is not as black and white as this dress," said the singer, referring to the dress she wore at the ceremony.
"Sexuality is not black and white"
When her song came out in 2008, Perry said, she knew she was going to spark a debate. "And much of the world seemed curious enough to sing along." The 32-year-old, who has just broken up with actor Orlando Bloom, added that she even tried to pray away her own homosexuality herself at first.
Honest mail from Leni Klum Mama Heidi wouldn't like that at all!41 images
That changed when she got to know more homosexuals, bisexuals and transsexuals. "I found my gift and my gift brought me closer to people outside of my bladder, and that's how my bladder started to burst," said Perry. "They were the freest, strongest, kindest and most open people I have ever met. They stimulated my mind and filled my heart with joy. These people are magical and they are magical because they live their truth," said Katy Perry. What an inspiring speech!#Subjects
- What makes forex go up and down
- What are some cultural taboos in Norway
- What are the disadvantages of ATMs with crypto currency
- What do journalists think of Vice Media
- Why is sea buckthorn an invasive species
- How do you get rich in music
- How does RNA have molecular weight
- Was Abraham a Jew or a Palestine
- Is Qi Gong real?
- Where does Pakistan import gasoline from?
- How can I convert Hertz to Newtons
- Which product manager
- How does a hydraulic elevator work
- Why wasn't my video banned?
- Michael Owen is a forgotten hero
- How does a person develop antibiotic resistance
- What would you do with eternal life
- What makes a great Apple engineer
- What makes catchy and engaging music?
- How long does a tooth crown last
- What kind of war was World War II
- How much does a tombstone cost
- Which websites should I make backlinks on?
- What are the benefits of hypnotherapy