Which World War II power was the most innovative
- Browse by topicSearch our book database by subject, country, epoch, year of publication or key word.
- Book show of the weekHaven't you had time to read the newspaper or drop by us in the last few days? Doesn't matter, because here you can view our review notes from the last six days of publication sorted by newspaper or topic.
- Literature supplementsAll of our notes on the book reviews in the literature supplements from FAZ, FR, NZZ, SZ, taz and Zeit.
No war has shaken and reshaped the world like the Second World War. It was the last German war in the broadest sense of the word. Even in decades, historiography has not been able to conclude with him, even parts of the history of military events appear in a new light thanks to newly discovered or developed sources in archives all over the world. After a phase of increased interest in a perspective "from below", from soldiers and victims, Elke Fröhlich undertakes a new overall presentation that again emphasizes the warfare by the Nazi regime and the Wehrmacht itself.
Review note on Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, May 6, 2014
Rainer F. Schmidt is enthusiastic about this innovative and instructive overview of the Second World War by Elke Fröhlich. The reviewer is impressed by how the contemporary historian documents military processes in great detail and based on the state of research, records war events from a global perspective and bundles research history. Schmidt considers the author's precise argumentation, her analysis of the Western campaign, her tracing of Hitler's declaration of war on the USA and the tracing of mass murder and the Holocaust achieved with the help of eyewitness accounts to be particularly strong. The fact that the author argues too fixated on Hitler, especially in the introductory chapter, as the reviewer states, seems forgivable.Read the review at buecher.de
- Is rubber sproede or ductile material
- What is the brutal truth about Japan
- What are the risks of pancreatitis
- What kind of stockbroker is Finvasia
- Is Lenovo Yoga a laptop or tablet
- Studying psychology improves a person's social skills
- Papa Johns insures their drivers
- What makes writing great
- God controls the weather
- What was your greatest achievement growing up
- People shed skin like reptiles
- Can You Stop Aspirin Cold Turkey
- What does tornado cage mean
- What do social media managers do
- Why is improving knowledge important
- Can Bitcoins be redeemed in currency?
- How do you compliment a boy
- What's the cutest bird
- Everyone belongs to something
- Does taking levocetirizen regularly affect the kidneys?
- Why is self-study better than class
- Was Hitler good at math
- What turned you into a Linux user
- What is the internet streaming tv