Why did heavy metal die
Lemmy Kilmister dead: the heavy metal legend died of cancer
Ian Lemmy Kilmister, the front man of the heavy metal band Motörhead and a legend for generations of hard rock fans, is dead. He died on Monday after a brief battle with an aggressive form of cancer in Los Angeles, his agent Andrew Goodfriend reported . The Briton was 70 years old.
The musician was considered a popular rocker and innovator of his genre. He became famous in the 1970s with the band Hawkwind. For four decades he was the singer of Motörhead ("Ace of Spades"). Every concert by the British heavy metal group always began with Kilmister's loud proclamation: "We are Motörhead! We play rock and roll!"
Motörhead: "Celebrate life!"
The band announced Kilmister's death on their Facebook page. She described him there as "our mighty, noble friend". "We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there are no words". The musicians announced that they would like to express themselves in more detail in the coming days. Addressing the fans, they demanded: "Play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy's music LOUD. Have a drink or more. Share stories. Celebrate the LIFE that this lovable, wonderful man himself celebrated so vividly."
Ozzy Osbourne loses "best friend"
Kilmister was born on Christmas Eve 1945 in the English county of Staffordshire. 30 years later he founded Motörhead. As a bass player and lead singer, he has since been a valued musician among fans and companions. Rock star Ozzy Osbourne called him "one of my best friends" on Twitter. He was "a fighter and a legend". "I'll see you on the other side," he wrote.
Lost one of my best friends, Lemmy, today. He will be sadly missed. He was a warrior and a legend. I will see you on the other side.- Ozzy Osbourne (@OzzyOsbourne) December 29, 2015
Kilmister, who many simply called "Lemmy", was not only known for his music. His appearance with mustache and whiskers as well as two tumors on the left side of his face was also significant. He was tall and lanky. With his distinct look, he lived for rock and never stopped recording music and being on stage. He was not only valued in the music business, but also celebrated: in 2004 Motörhead won the Grammy for best metal performance.
Over the past few months, "Lemmy" has had a number of health problems to contend with. According to his band, he had only learned of the cancer diagnosis two days before his death.
- How was America in the nineties
- Johnny Cash liked rock music
- What's the worst moment you interrupted
- How does Addison's disease affect the body?
- What is the main problem in Islamabad
- How do I get carelessly smart
- Why did Dallas beat Miami
- How to hack Clash of Kings
- Why don't people always do the right things
- Can we eat cashew nuts in summer?
- Is it cruel to neuter a dog?
- What are some tabata exercises
- Who was the first world champion
- Journalism is a risky profession
- AAL can live without oxygen
- How does the automatic transmission work
- How many US presidents had dogs
- I am a total boar in my life
- What is IOC Container in Spring
- Which artist sang the song You I.
- How dangerous it is to climb Kilimanjaro
- What is Roswell NM known for
- How can we add two bcd numbers
- What is language after chemistry
- How do I write an LLVM backend
- Who uses SketchUp and why
- Being a writer is a good career
- How can investors contribute to blockchain startups
- Warren Buffett owns Boeing shares
- How can you compare all LIC guidelines
- How does the Netflix return label work
- What will you do when Naruto dies
- What is the function of dopamine