What is hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis HLH
Hemophagocytosis Syndrome (Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis, HLH)
This text provides information on the clinical picture of hemophagocytic syndrome (hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, HLH), its frequency, causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
Author: Prof. Dr. med. S. Ehl, Henrike Ritterbusch, Julia Dobke, created on: 25.09.2019, editing: Ingrid Grüneberg, approval:, Prof. Dr. med. U. Creutzig, last changed: January 31, 2020
Notes on the text
The following information text is aimed at patients who are affected by haemophagocytosis syndrome and their relatives, friends, teachers and other caregivers as well as the interested public. It is intended to contribute to a better understanding of this disease, the options for treating it and the problems and special needs of the patients concerned.
Our information does not replace the necessary clarifying discussions with the treating physicians and other employees of the treatment team; however, they can help to prepare these conversations and to understand them better.
The information contained in this patient text has been created primarily on the basis of the literature given below and taking into account the current guidelines for the treatment of children and adolescents with haemophagocytosis syndrome. The text was checked by the editors specified above in August 2019 and approved for posting on the Internet for a period of five years. It should be checked and updated again at the latest after this period has expired.
Please note that the following are general information and recommendations that - given the complex situation - do not necessarily apply to every patient in their entirety. Many therapy recommendations have to be decided on an individual basis and on an interdisciplinary basis. Your treatment team will inform you of the measures that apply to you.
- Lehmberg K, Ehl S: Haemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Pediatric hematology and oncology, eds: A. Eggert, C. Niemeyer, Springer Verlag 2nd edition 2018 [ISSN: 978-3-662-43686-8] LEH2018
- Pachlopnik Schmid, J: Hemophagocytosis Syndrome. PAEDIATRICA 2011, Vol. 22 No. 4, p.13 PAC2011
- Ritterbusch H, Ehl, S: Hemophagocytosis Syndrome. Information sheets on primary immunodeficiency RIT2009
- Does the car scraper really work
- I can baptize myself
- Are taxis really safer than UberX?
- Where can I play online
- What does hashtag actually mean
- Who designed Uber's new logo
- How we will stop time in reality
- Who was Billy Joel's first wife
- Who invented the Android phones
- Is it worth creating a blog
- Is the HR department valuable
- Are the magnetic fields imaginary why
- What is a curved bar
- What's your best book film
- How strong can Crossfit make you
- Kenny Rogers wrote his own songs
- The Facebook marketplace is available on the desktop
- Should water heaters be cleaned
- How to make butterscotch fudge
- Which foods are fun to eat
- Do private universities offer internships according to MBBS
- What is the main philosophical branch
- Why Are Students Hiring Essay Writing Services
- How can we measure social behavior