How good is NIT Trichy
Tiruchirappalli is a city in eastern Tamil Nadu, which lies on the southern bank of the Kaveri River. In practice it is almost exclusively referred to by its short name Trichy, which is therefore also mainly used on this page. The city of Srirangam on the opposite side of the Kaveri in the north is well connected to Trichy by several bridges and both have a common local transport system, which is why this side includes both Trichy and Sriramgam.
Trichy looks back over 2000 years of history and was mentioned in writing as early as the time of Ashoka. Today it has almost 1 million (or as the Indian says: 10 lakh) inhabitants and is the fourth largest city in Tamil Nadu. Srirangam is known as the Temple City and its jewel is the huge Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in honor of Vishnu.
Trichy has an airport.
The main station is the large Tiruchirappalli Junction station. As the name suggests, railway lines branch out here and you can drive in practically any direction from here. Srirangam Railway Station is on the Trichy-Chennai railway line.
Trichy has a large, well-organized intercity bus station. It is only 700 m northwest of Trichy Junction train station and has several stops for city buses.
On the street 
With the ship 
The kaveri is not navigable.
The Chatram bus stand is the central bus station and is just 500 m as the crow flies from the castle hill, which towers over the entire city. It is therefore close to the center. There are good connections to the long-distance bus station and the Trichy Junction train station as well as to Srirangam and the nearby destinations.
Churches, mosques, synagogues, temples
- . This is the huge main temple of Srirangam and can be seen from afar. The innermost area is reserved for the Hindus. The museum is a small collection of devotional objects, open 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. + 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Open: 6:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. + 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Last change: not specified
- . The Shri Jambukeshwara Temple is located 2.5 km east-southeast of the Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam. It is much smaller than the Ranganathaswamy Temple. But there are some beautiful sculptures and it is quite quiet here. Last change: not specified
- . The Lourdes Church is located 500 m south of the Chatram bus stand and a few meters west of the water basin at the fort. Last change: no details
Castles, chateaus and palaces
- Trichy Castle Hill ("Rock Fort") is actually a Temple Mount. It can be reached from the south via a somewhat hidden road, which is aptly also called Temple Road, and goes through several temples and past temples. Far up the staircase is no longer covered. There you shouldn't miss the cave temple from the Pallava period. It is ignored by visitors and is unfortunately locked. From the outside you can hardly see the well-preserved reliefs on the sides. The summit temple that all visitors flock to is pretty uninteresting. Unfortunately there is no really nice vantage point here. To the west of the fort is a large water basin from which you have a good view of the castle hill.
- . The Government Museum is open every 2nd Saturday of the month and public holidays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except on Fridays. It is located south of the castle hill about here: 10.82496111, 78.69588056Government Museum in Trichy10 ° 49 ′ 30 ″ N78 ° 41 ′ 45 ″ E. This museum is quite disappointing for such an important and old city
Around the bus station, especially on the south-east and north-east side, there are good, mostly vegetarian restaurants.
- . The restaurant has good, also non-vegetarian cuisine. Recommendation: bone-free chicken pieces in a garlic sauce with garlic naan and then evaporate the stench overnight! The Banana Leaf is on the road that runs northeast of the bus station, barely 150 m in a southeast direction. Last change: no information
There are a large number of hotels and lodges of various quality around the bus station.
- . The hotel is well run and has inexpensive simple rooms with small bathrooms. The rooms are entered from the courtyard side and are quite quiet. Last change: no information
Practical advice 
- Located 20 km north-northwest of Trichy Thiruvellarai. There you can visit the Pundarikakshan Perumal Temple at 10.95648889, 78.66757222Pundarikakshan Perumal Temple in Thiruvellarai 10 ° 57 ′ 23 ″ N78 ° 40 ′ 3 ″ E. The unfinished gopuram is interesting. Here you can see what is usually found under the many stucco figures of the south Indian temple towers.
- 11 km east-southeast, just north of the NH67 at Tiruverumbur The Erumbeshwarar Shiva Temple is clearly visible on a small hill at 10.79243611, 78.76751389Tiruverumbur Erumbeshwarar Shiva Temple 10 ° 47 ′ 33 ″ N78 ° 46 ′ 3 ″ E. Almost nothing has been changed on the old temple. It is not visited very often. Here you can enjoy the view from the small hill in peace.
- About 40 km southeast is on the edge of the small village Malayadipatti a wonderful little Vishnu cave temple from the 8th to 9th centuries on the edge of a small pool. Right next to it is Siva Temple from the 8th century. The temples are located at 10.654175, 78.89669167Malayadipatti Cave Temple10 ° 39 ′ 15 ″ N78 ° 53 ′ 48 ″ E and can be reached by bus, although connections are rare. The temples are closed from noon until 4 p.m.
- The main part of the Pallava cave temple is formed by a Vishnu resting on the five-headed serpent with Lakshmi at his feet. But the other representations are also of good quality and condition. Even paintings are still preserved, but they will soon be black, since the temple is used as such (keyword sooting candles and ghee lights). Unfortunately, photography is prohibited. The Shiva temple is much simpler and the additions to the Pallava part are in the Vijayanagar style.
Web links 
|The main parts of this article are still very short and many parts are still in the drafting phase. If you know anything on the subject be brave and edit and expand it so that it becomes a good article. If the article is currently being written to a large extent by other authors, don't be put off and just help.|
- How can I get a DSLR
- How do you do a shot with Genji
- What is the most epic video ever recorded
- What is the weakness of the company Tesla
- How much do walkie talkies cost
- Why is a user not a user
- How did education bring you more optimism
- How much slower is https than http
- The Ketodiaet will eliminate inflammation
- What are the effects of negative thinking
- Why did heavy metal die
- What kind of information does Baidu collect
- What are the alternatives of Skype
- What are pneumatic control valves
- What do you do after graduating from SSC
- Why are airplanes made of aluminum
- Where is Terminal 3 in Delhi
- Working chakras why or why not
- Do I really need a touchscreen laptop
- Why is lingerie expensive
- What is the cure for encephalitis
- Studying psychology improves a person's social skills
- How can smoking affect my singing voice
- Can you die cloning yourself
- What are the best musicians ear plugs
- What does Judaism say about self-harm
- Why does Rohingyas have to be allowed in India
- How do you solve this logarithmic equation
- Can an abdominal aneurysm be cut off
- Who is the author of Spoliarium
- Why do professors advise against writing survey papers
- What is the best international startup company
- What if you only drank alkaline water