Deleted friend requests automatically become followers
Social media: Unpleasant moments as a follower and with followers
The real-life confrontation
There are people I know very well. The pretty floor lamp in her living room, her bedclothes, her baby. I know what they look like when they get up and I've heard them talk drunk. I was even there on their vacation. Only: I've never talked to them. Because it's just people who I follow on Instagram and look at their pictures and stories there, because they appear in my feed and I check out everything in a smartphone-zombie-like manner. In itself it is unproblematic, but it becomes difficult when someone I follow belongs to an extended circle of friends or colleagues. So when I meet him every now and then. We greet each other. Or end up in the same discussion group at a party. Then this awful “I know that you know I know” moment arises because I know so much about him and he knows that, because he knows that I am following him and sees that he is looking at his stories. And yet we both pretend we don't know anything (especially me). While I'm thinking, “I KNOW HOW YOUR BED LOOKS LIKE”, he may be thinking “SHE KNOWS WHAT MY BED LOOKS LIKE” or, worse, “WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED?” And so we push around and I ask what he's doing, although I know about it in detail. The only good thing about it: he doesn't know what my bed looks like.
- What are Thomas Aquinas' contributions to philosophy
- When was the last Abrams tank destroyed?
- How can I change my gender 1
- Is it worth creating a blog
- Why are people divided into religions
- What is an AWS CI CD
- What does earlier mean
- Which Nakshatra is compatible with Revati
- Is Amazon Web Services profitable
- Why does mainland China not have free internet
- What exactly is distributed practice
- Can you catch an axolotl
- Is all watercolor paper archive
- What are the rules for ice skating
- Does the Longhorn Steakhouse do background checks
- What is the difference between Linksys and Cisco
- How effective is the motley fool
- What is COPPA 1
- How hot ocean currents
- Can I have a stake
- How do I stop thinking so scientifically
- Is true absinthe still available everywhere
- What is it like to donate blood
- What software is used in telecommunications technology
- Has EU membership influenced the UK's parliamentary supremacy?
- What's your rating of Thorogood Associates
- Which vacation could you do without?
- Will imperative programming die in 2020?
- A 43 credit score is good
- How does power change you
- Why did the Seaworld killer whales die
- How did Ashoka become emperor
- What did mankind create