Who is the slowest person
The depression: talk about it
Depression is a very common disease. It affects all social classes and all age categories. In Belgium, around 1 to 1.7 million people will suffer from depression at some point in their life.
Depression is a pathological condition characterized by sadness with emotional pain, a loss of self-respect and a decrease in psychomotor skills. It could be described as endless grief.
How can you recognize depression?
It is important to know that not every problem can be equated with depression. Anyone can experience difficult moments without falling into depression.
However, if a person has had at least 5 of the following symptoms for more than 2 weeks, and if their usual behavior changes, it makes sense to see a doctor.
- Sad mood: the feeling that everything is bad, that everything is black
- Decrease in interest or enjoyment in daily activities
- Loss of energy or feeling tired
- Sleep disorders: shortening or lengthening the sleep rhythm
- Change in appetite: weight gain or loss
- Concentration disorders: attention and concentration problems
- Behavioral disorders: constant restlessness, nervousness and irritability or, on the contrary, slow movements, less expression on the face
- The feeling of being useless: the person is degrading and no longer has self-respect
- Thoughts of suicide or self-mutilation
The causes vary from case to case. According to the experts, it is a combination of psychosocial and biological factors.
- Psychosocial factors: age, gender, marital status, professional situation, grief, birth
- Biological factors: hereditary factors, serious illness (AIDS, cancer)
How can you treat depression?
Depression is different for everyone. The disease may require antidepressant treatment and psychotherapy. Antidepressants are not drugs; they are medicines for depression. Treatment with antidepressants requires regular post-prescription medical attention. This medical care can be provided by a general practitioner or a psychiatrist.
What role does the environment play?
The environment plays an essential role in the treatment of the depressed patient. It is very important to listen to him. Never accuse a depressed person of being energetic or make them feel guilty.
We all have and keep potential and skills. The depressed people have lost their self-confidence and demean themselves. The environment should help them to gradually find this thirst for life back by accompanying them in their efforts.
Depression is neither a disease to be ashamed of nor a sign of weakness. Rapid diagnosis and listening to both family members and professionals help ensure treatment is effective and reduce the risk of relapse.
Patient advice & meeting
Aachener Strasse 6
Tel .: 087 55 22 88
Fax: 087 55 76 83
- What is an example of fractal poetry
- Why are the Clintons so hated
- How serious are dents on a car
- What is your most painful injection experience
- Is spoke correctly
- Did you get satisfaction through vengeance?
- Why does my dog whimper when he's excited
- What is inevitable noise
- What are carbohydrates 3
- What is the name of a group of bats
- How do you get to know celebrities
- What jobs do behavioral economists get
- What is a good online bank
- How many Pokemon are there including forms
- What makes you lose your patience
- How do you avoid complainants
- Who should start the buccaneers at QB
- What does the creation of race profiles consist of
- Who is the greatest living showman
- Can be pickled fruit or vegetables
- Teach back-end development at Freecodecamp
- Which continent has great water resources?
- Recognizes one of the parties their hypocrisy
- How do I track a UPS package