Sometimes you hang out alone
Windows PC mouse hangs - what to do?
One error under Windows is particularly annoying: When the mouse jumps or hangs. Then the user interface can no longer be operated properly. Before throwing your mouse right away, be sure to try our troubleshooting methods first. Maybe it's just a software problem or your mouse is just dirty.
Check physical components
Various errors with limited mouse functionality are in fact no software errors. Often there is a problem with the hardware. You should therefore check the following things:
1. Is the computer dusty?
If too much dust collected inside your PC, sensitive contacts can be blocked by small dust particles. So you should your computer clean regularly. To check for any contamination, open your computer, then carefully remove any dust from inside.
2. Is the mouse sensor dirty?
Check out that Sensor on the bottom Your mouse. Is this dirty or dusty? If so, you should clean it with a soft cloth. It can also help to blow lightly on the sensor. With a ball mouse, the situation becomes a little more difficult. You have to remove the ball first - then you can examine the sensor.
3. Is the USB connection working?
No matter what type of mouse you use: check them out USB connection. That means you can do both the USB slot on your computer examine, as well as the USB port on the mouse or the sender. If the mouse connector looks okay, you should still plug it into one another USB slot plug in. Possibly the previously used USB slot malfunctionso that the mouse signal cannot be sent correctly.
In the case of wireless mice, you should also ensure that the reception between the USB transmitter and the mouse is not disturbed. If that signal If the wireless mouse and computer cannot be exchanged properly, the mouse can jump.
With a wired mouse, you also have to do this here Mouse cable check. Cable breaks can be easily recognized, as in most cases the outer rubber lining is also damaged.
4. Is the battery in the wireless mouse empty?
If the Battery or rechargeable battery charge In a wireless mouse slowly coming to an end, the mouse is no longer optimally supplied with power. Try one new battery insert into your mouse. Read here how to dispose of your old battery. You should also check that the battery is not accidentally expired or otherwise the contacts inside the mouse dirty Has.
5. Suitable subsurface?
A suitable mouse pad can also help with problems with the mouse. Older mice in particular still have problems with multi-colored underlays. The mouse should therefore only be used on smooth, single-colored surfaces - these requirements are optimally met by a mouse pad.
6. Which USB port?
Meanwhile, in addition to the common USB 2.0 ports also the USB 3.0 ports more and more widespread. These are mostly marked in blue. Every now and then hardware problems can occur if the mouse is plugged into a USB port with which it is not compatible. If you have both types of USB ports on your computer, plug the mouse into one of them Slot of the other kind a.
Problems with the software
Tip: Software problems sometimes repair themselves by themselves, for example by restarting. So before you go through the other software solutions, you should get one Restart the computer carry out. Sometimes that helps against mouse problems.display
1. Is the mouse recognized?
When your mouse stops moving, it may not recognized by the computer. Then you can try turning the mouse into one another USB port to get stuck. If that doesn't work either, your mouse is possibly broken or has missing / outdated drivers.
2. Are the mouse drivers up to date?
Incorrect mouse movement can also be caused by outdated drivers be favored. Windows normally loads the appropriate drivers automatically down and keeps it up to date. It's best to check over that Manufacturer website Your mouse, which driver version is current. You can also go directly to the Download the latest driver.
3. Are there any programs that can access your mouse?
Some mice come with me specific programswith which you can activate special functions of the mouse. Sometimes lead error in these programs, such as Logitech Gaming Software, to a restriction of the mouse functions.
Also can downloaded malwaresuch as a trojan, access your mouse and control it externally. So if your mouse moves without you doing anything moved by itself, caution is advised. You should definitely use an anti-virus program to rule out this. Learn how to effectively protect your PC from viruses in this article.
4. Exceptional case: The mouse only works when the task manager is open
Your mouse will only work if you have the Task manager in the foreground (not minimized) open? This can be a problem with Realtek programs are present. If you have actually installed Realtek programs, the solution is simple: look in the task manager for the task "FMAPP Application"and terminate the task. Your mouse should now work properly again.
This file is a Background process a Realtek program. You can close this process without impairment. To prevent restarting, you need to do the following:
Open the pathin which you have installed the Realtek program, for example:
C: \ Program Files \ Realtek \ Audio \ HDA \
Look for the file "FMAPP.exe"and change file extension. For example, you can use the file "FMAPP.exe.txt". Since it is no longer an executable file, it will also be does not start automatically.
- Giant is a shortened version of gigantic
- Processing of customer complaints
- A DJ can have two different careers
- Which is better NMIMS or LIBA
- What's the most snobbish Australian accent
- What needs more skill poker or chess
- How to pronounce Depeche Mode
- How often do dogs blink
- How can I cure chickenpox faster
- What marathon allows high schoolers to run
- How is Pune a retirement destination
- Which is the newest app in 2018
- Are you sympathetic to fraudsters
- How do bryophytes and pteridophytes differ?
- What does a broken boil look like
- Will Nvidia cards work with Ryzen?
- What are the elements of a novel
- What is critical height
- Math How do I solve this sum
- What is the next big start in education
- Why do I care about oxycodone
- What game features should more games implement
- Does luck play a role in success
- Why should I see Doctor Who
- How can I have a body shape
- What are websites like Lifehacker
- What are China's greatest tourist features
- What is the best airline for perks
- Is there a dog that never barks
- Refined sugar can cause migraines
- How do I find leaked password databases
- What is the most popular nation
- How do you make something that nobody makes
- Is PewDiePie a victim