Why do I keep peeing in my pants
Laughing incontinence: the causes and what to prevent
Toddlers cannot control their bladder yet. Occasional wetting is not uncommon until starting school. But what if schoolchildren or even adults suddenly pissed off again?
Some cannot avoid it at all: They lose urine when they laugh or giggle, usually in a gush. In these cases, doctors diagnose so-called giggle incontinence, as reported by the incontinence information center.
When the giggles go bad
The word "giggle" comes from English and means to giggle. As we know, children can giggle at anything and anyone for minutes while rolling on the floor with laughter. No wonder if so much silliness literally goes to waste at times.
Info: Giggle or laugh incontinence is a special form of overactive bladder that affects girls between the ages of eight and twelve in particular. Boys are affected much less often. As a rule, the problem goes away with the onset of puberty, but not in all.
Discuss Giggle incontinence with your doctor
Giggle incontinence can be quite embarrassing for those affected. Especially when something goes wrong at school or on trips with people of the same age. After all, kids aren't exactly squeamish about someone who pees. But even as an adult, this weakness is often a major problem that has a strong impact on social life.
This is another reason why those affected should see their doctor and talk about the problem. It can be clarified whether the laughing incontinence needs to be treated and if so, from when and how. Talking to the doctor can help those affected in other ways, because they learn: I am not an isolated case.
Bladder weakness: Giggle incontinence can be quite embarrassing for those affected. (Source: phototek / imago images)
Pelvic floor training against Giggle incontinence
Giggle incontinence usually resolves itself during puberty. However, doctors recommend treatment before the stress becomes too great. In most cases, pelvic floor exercises are then recommended to improve the coordination of the muscles. Because many girls are not aware of their pelvic floor, they cannot tense it. If that is not enough, a doctor can also prescribe a drug for urge incontinence.
The exact background of Giggle incontinence is unclear. However, the predisposition to this seems to be inherited: Urologists observe that there are often several cases of Giggle incontinence within a family.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- How to Buy Alienware Laptop
- What is your favorite bunny
- Where is the Frankfurt Book Fair
- Which increases the gray matter in our brain
- What is a SharePoint 2010 Approval Workflow
- Does CCleaner work on Windows 10
- How can I grow lavender
- What are some examples of Soviet monuments
- Is there any other application like Quora
- Could the United States of World War I defeat modern Canada?
- How is sales tax calculated
- How to solve 194 x x
- Helps fear think faster
- What happens when you boil ethanol
- Which is the best processor in laptops
- Why is the air shaking over the heaters
- Speaks French in Ghana
- What is the Merseyside Model
- Korea belongs to China 1
- Is Virgin America profitable
- Do cruel people deserve to be forgiven?
- How is IT in VIT Vellore 1
- Batman is a hero
- Is the Marvel TV project dead
- Which nut is the easiest to grow
- What causes my broken ankle to bruise
- Define the electrostatic potential and the potential difference
- Which empire competed with the Portuguese empire
- What are Einstein's views on Buddha
- What are some underrated Rolling Stones albums
- Who was Malhar Rao Holkar
- Where can I buy Joshinko rice flour
- What are the most common CrossFit injuries
- Why is India poor 5