How do I increase the visibility of events
7 tips on how to increase the visibility of your website and online store
More visibility for your online shop and website
1. Check your visibility index
Determine your visibility score. This shows you how often and where your website / shop appears in the search results list for the most searched keywords. A numerical value is then determined from this, with which you can compare yourself to your competition. For the visibility value, search queries with around one million keywords, which depict the typical search behavior of Germans, are carried out on a regular basis and an index value is determined from the results. A small part of the search terms is determined based on current trends and events. The better your page is SEO-optimized and equipped with the right keywords, the higher the chances of your page being found more easily.
Always keep an eye on your competition and see which keywords your competition is using. Especially in digital competition, competitors can appear at short notice who may not have been on the screen before, but who have valuable visibility and play a decisive role in the ranking.
2. Bring the right keywords to your page
In order to improve your visibility index, it is important that you use the right keywords on your page. In order to determine the right keywords, you should of course know what your target group is looking for in order to become aware of your services and your products. Type in the keywords yourself with which you would search for your products on Google and see on which page you are listed. As a rule, most users click on the first page of Google search results and rarely search any further. So it is important to get your page way up in order to generate clicks.
Do a keyword analysis with the help of an SEO tool to see what your customers are really looking for and include these keywords in your copy.
The search engines crawl the texts on your site and then assign them to specific topics according to the words they find. Depending on the result, your page will then be displayed according to the search queries. Also take a look at where you put your keywords - as a rule, keywords are weighted more heavily in the headline than in the middle of the text.
Don't forget: Optimize your content not only for the search engine, but also for your customers. A text made up of good keywords may rank your page well, but your customers will not get a satisfactory user experience if the texts are difficult to understand. As is so often the case, it is the mix that counts.
If your page is clicked a lot because of the right keywords and has regular conversions, then Google learns that the keywords were the right ones. If the visit is aborted immediately and returned to the search results list, Google reacts and banishes the page further back.
3. Create more content
In order to be able to distribute the keywords well, you should include enough interesting content on your page that describes your products and services in detail, builds trust and encourages you to buy. In addition to the content on your site, it is a good idea to regularly post articles or specialist articles via a blog in order to generate up-to-date and high-quality content with which you can be found in the search engines. In addition to texts, you can also incorporate images and videos to make your content as attractive and entertaining as possible and to increase the length of time you spend on your site.
4. Technical SEO measures: Optimize tags, links and loading times
Optimize other SEO aspects of your website to give search engine crawlers the ability to find all pages, capture, understand and rate content. This includes:
- Responsive web design: Your website should be optimally usable on all end devices and adapt flexibly to the output medium. For example, all texts and images should be automatically adjusted so that your content is easy to read on both small (smartphone) and large displays (desktop). For example, Google has been banning outdated websites from search results since the beginning of 2021 (more information on "mobile-first indexing" is available here).
- Meta tags: Important meta tags are, for example, the page tags (title tags) that are displayed in the header of the page and in the heading of the search result, meta description tags (meta descriptions) that briefly describe the content of the page in the search result, and image descriptions (Alt texts and title texts)
- HTML tags: Give your texts headlines (e.g. headline tags like h1 or h2) or arrange content in sorted (
- ) or unsorted (
- ) lists in order to better structure your content for search engines
- Left: Place internal links on your website. The better the pages on your website are linked, the better your visitors can move around. An aspect that the search engines rate positively.
- Talking URLs: Keywords in your URLs are an important ranking factor and increase the findability of your page.
- loading time: Long loading times of your website cause users to drop out quickly and worsen the ranking. Check the loading time of your website, e.g. with the Page Speed tool. You can find more information about page speed optimization here.
- Structured data (schema.org): Structured data help search engines to put information into context. This includes reviews, locations / addresses, event information (dates), pictures or prices. This information is displayed in the Google results and helps to click on the correct result in a more targeted manner
5. Off-page optimization
In addition to on-page optimization, it is not insignificant to be linked on other pages. Backlinks on other websites generate trust and show that there is relevant content on your own page that is linked to. In addition to the increase in the ranking, positive effects are also the level of awareness of the company, the content of which is widely spread on other sites.
Backlinks can be placed in the content of other websites, for example in blog articles, forums, comments and as posts in social media.
6. Social media
Create company pages on the relevant social media channels and generate followers who provide you with content. By regularly posting relevant articles, your target group receives daily news and you in turn receive direct feedback on your content (e.g. through clicks, retweets or comments). Use topic-specific hashtags and spread your news over an extensive network. By having your followers share and retweet your posts, you in turn create valuable backlinks that add to your visibility.
7. Turn off Google Ads
The classic - expensive but successful: Place Google ads and you will be ranked high in the search engine. Again, it is important to use the right keywords in order to be found. What are your customers looking for, for which problems do they need a solution? The more precisely you formulate your advertisements, the higher the probability that the right target group will click on your page and that your budget will pay off.
Is your online shop visible enough?
Are you getting the right leads who will ultimately buy your products and services? We would be happy to take stock of the situation with you (including a digital competition analysis) and develop recommendations for action on how you can expand your online shop into a strong sales channel. Contact us for a non-binding consultation. In a (virtual) workshop, we work out the most important content and requirements that are required to (again) increase the visibility of your shop and to make it accessible to your customers. Just talk to us.
Conversion optimization: turn your visitors into customers
You can find out how to increase the conversion of your online shop in our blog post on the topic of 9 tips to optimize the conversion of your online shop.
You might also be interested in these topics
- Are psychiatric studies reliable
- What is the motivation for love
- How does cloud accounting benefit accountants?
- Country club is good
- Rabipur damages the body
- Can I vacate a subtenant
- Does Elementor work with WordPress com
- Is social anxiety a disability
- What is civilization doing
- What is a marketplace business
- Why did the Europeans want silk?
- What is whip stitch in crochet
- You can take Aleve and Tylenol together
- Why does Quora always have German information
- Is historical determinism true?
- Why doesn't God stop natural disasters
- What is Elton John's Rocket Man about
- How is Advaita Vedanta related to ambition
- How would you tell your best friend
- What newspapers should a CAT aspirant read?
- Which philosophers cost the most
- How many atoms in a molecule
- Why is tin not a semiconductor
- How do dentists test patient's bad breath