Which are the famous marketplaces in Udaipur
"Octopussy" was released in 1983 under the direction of John Glen. James Bond (Roger Moore) is initially allowed to take care of a valuable Faberge egg and later an atomic explosive device. The assignment takes him from London to India and via Berlin to the GDR. "Circus boss" Octopussy was played by Maud Adams.
The film was shot in Udaipur, also known as “the white city”, in Rajasthan, in the north-west of India. One of the impressive backdrops is the Shiv Niwas Palace, where Bond stays and spends a night with Bond girl Magda (Kristina Wayborn). It is part of the huge City Palace, located on the east bank of Lake Pichola.
|Shiv Niwas Palace, Udaipur, India © Jörg Döring|
Octopussy's water palace is the Taj Lake Palace on Jag Mandir Island, also in Lake Pichola. The palace on top of the mountain, in which Bond is held captive by Kamal Khan (Louis Jourdan), is in the Monsoon Palace.
You can still visit the palaces today or stay right in them - surrounded by Indian splendor. The film also briefly shows the famous Taj Mahal, which is located in Agra, hundreds of kilometers away.
|Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur, India © Jörg Döring|
|Taj Mahal, Agra, India|
The filming location in Berlin was the Checkpoint Charlie border crossing at the time, where Bond is pulled up as Charles Morton and with the words "Don't forget 007, you are now completely on your own." is adopted.
Even today, a replica of the US control building is reminiscent of the former border point on Friedrichstrasse at the corner of Kochstrasse. Tourists from all over the world crowd here every day. The chase with the Alfa Romeo originated on the AVUS in southwest Berlin.
|Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin © Andrea David|
The nostalgic Nene Valley Railway in Peterborough in England was used for some scenes that take place in East Germany. MI6 was located in the Old War Office Building in London, which is now the seat of the United Kingdom's Department of Defense, as was later the case in “In the Face of Death” and “License to Kill”.
The outdoor location for the Faberge ice cream auction is “Sotheby’s”. The interior shots for the film were made at Pinewood Studios, London. The fictional field town in Bavaria, in which a US airbase is to be located, was also built here.
Buy or rent “Octopussy”
The James Bond Collection (all 24 films)
Shiv Niwas Palace
Taj Lake Palace Udaipur
"Berlin Film Landscape - Big City Films and Their Locations"
James Bond filming locations
With the location glasses through Berlin
Spend the night like in a movie - famous hotel locations
- What happens in Vipassana
- Why is non-halal meat controversial
- What is the civic competition
- The GDPR concerns project managers
- How are environments built
- How profitable are ATMs
- What is the name of niqab in English
- What is against YouTube's harassment guidelines
- What game features should more games implement
- Is the hijab oppressive for women
- Air pollution reduces life expectancy
- What is Texas Tech known for?
- What make-up should I buy for beginners?
- What is the most produced tank in history
- How is India so clean
- Does Elon Musk have a mentor
- India has state income taxes
- Stephen Hawking was a scholar
- How do artists become unmotivated by drawing
- Why create a private label
- Who could stop Man City now?
- How to make sky lantern fuel
- Where do policemen have their cars repaired?
- How many glasses are used in selenium