Is the esterification reaction a neutralization reaction
During the reaction of an acid (pH <7) with a base (lye) (pH> 7) the temperature of the solution increases noticeably.
The reaction takes place in aqueous solution between the OH-Ions of the base and the H+-Ions of acid instead. According to the following reaction scheme, water (pH = 7) and a salt are formed. The solution is therefore neutral (hence the name: neutralization reaction).
Acid + lye -> water + salt
Word equation: Hydrochloric acid + sodium hydroxide solution -> water + table salt
Reaction equation: HCl + NaOH -> H2O + NaCl
Ion equation: (H+ + Cl-) + (Na+ + OH-) -> H2O + (Na+ + Cl-)
Since the Na+Ions and the Cl--Ions are unchanged after the reaction, the ion equation can be written as follows:
H+ + OH- -> H2O
This simplified notation only describes the neutralization of the acid and the base and not the formation of the salt.
comment: If you use hydrochloric acid and caustic soda, water and common salt are produced. The use of other acids or alkalis generally results not e able Salts.
Danger: A lot of heat is released during the neutralization reaction. This can cause dangerous splashes. It is essential to wear protective goggles!
- How to change a monotonous voice
- Who invented the Android phones
- The internet can be toxic
- What crime did Edward Snowden commit?
- What is media studies
- How can I listen to deleted voicemails
- What was the very first superstition
- Can scientists actually see air over instruments?
- What does a supercomputer look like
- Is feminism problematic for men?
- Why are electric cars becoming more popular?
- What does the Japanese word Shigoto mean
- Why are MLM companies growing in India
- How does the Iliad rhyme?
- What's your rating of NuvaRing
- How do you hide Amazon purchase
- What does it mean to be delivered to a safe deposit box
- Is fear and depression dangerous
- Is taught Java in the ECE in KIIT
- What's your rating of Santa Claus
- Engineering students can pursue a B Ed
- What is China's earliest written history
- Can we stabilize the unstable elements
- How does a hydraulic elevator work
- Cervical cancer may cause bleeding
- Will challenge Boris Johnson Theresa May
- What is the IUPAC name of C6H5F
- What is the conviction of love
- How do I learn 1
- Spliced Sumerians DNA
- Are galactic light sources displacing dark matter 2
- Kills India Kashmiri citizens
- What is ethnocentric