How is CNG different from gasoline
LPG and CNG - the difference
CNG IS CLEANER AND CHEAPER
There are major differences between LPG and CNG. LPG is a mixture of gases that are left over from oil refining. CNG, on the other hand, is a pure natural gas that has been pressurized. The tank pressure of CNG, at 200 bar, is much higher than that of LPG, at 7.5 bar. Therefore, a car that is suitable for LPG cannot be refueled with CNG and vice versa.
BENEFITS OF CNG
Would you like to be mobile but prefer to avoid pollutant emissions that cause unnecessary damage to the environment and health? If you choose CNG (compressed natural gas), you are consciously choosing a fuel with lower particulate matter, NOx and CO2 emissions. This fossil fuel is much cleaner than gasoline and diesel.
Is CNG or LPG the right choice for your vehicle fleet? Find out in a consultation!
Although an LPG vehicle emits less NOx and CO2 than a diesel or gasoline vehicle, it is still not as clean as a CNG vehicle. At a price of € 0.715 per liter, LPG is cheaper than a kilogram of CNG, which is priced at € 1.029. However, CNG has a higher energy content and therefore a greater range (approx. 0.25 km per kg).
CNG also has a distinct safety benefit. Since gas is lighter than air, it rises as soon as it is released. LPG, on the other hand, is heavier than air and hangs over the floor like a ceiling. The clean combustion of the two fuels means that maintenance costs are lower than with gasoline and diesel.
In the past few decades, LPG vehicles have declined in popularity. In the late 1980s, it is estimated that there were more than half a million vehicles in service in the Netherlands. In 2015 there were only 190,000 and since the beginning of 2016 there have been more hybrids than LPG vehicles on the road. An important reason for the decline is the fact that vehicles that were retrofitted to LPG in particular showed more malfunctions and warranty problems. CNG vehicles, on the other hand, are delivered directly from the factory. In addition, there is now so much choice of CNG, electric and hybrid cars that the question arises as to whether LPG can still hold back the downturn.
- What celebrities have the BTS members dated
- What is a paranormal investigator
- Web developers make good money
- Is the Touch ID underestimated?
- What are Robert Mugabe's political beliefs
- Can electric fans be dangerous?
- Is it worth doing Freeletics
- Why do we need DNA
- Are new political ideas good or bad
- What are implicit rights and enumerated rights
- Why does someone like the joker
- Which stocks to buy in 2019
- What does Emuna mean in Hebrew
- What was the song Piano Man about?
- Find Ubisoft games cool
- How do you kill your inner demons
- How much does godzilla weigh
- How to take screen captures on iPhone?
- How selective is our memory
- How do soldiers cast their votes?
- What are some cool movies
- Would you get a nose job
- MAIT is a good college for MBA
- What distinguishes order from chaos