What is the Android App Development Tools
Cross-Platform App Development - The 5 Best Tools
Because of the variety of platforms and devices that define the mobile market, the cross-platform app development proved to be the most economically viable solution. In contrast to native app development, code that was generated with a cross-platform development tool can be used for various platforms and devices. In this way, app programming with a cross-platform tool not only curbs programming costs, but also saves you the hassle of updating and managing your apps.
These cross-platform app development tools help you build great hybrid apps for both Android and iOS.
In Xamarin, the C # code base can be universally applied to multiple platforms. Nevertheless, unlike other frameworks, the tool allows developers to work with native IDEs, languages and APIs. In addition, the Git integration is an integral part of Xamarin Studio.
- Xamarin offers some sample apps that make it quick and easy to get started.
- Almost three quarters of the code can be shared across major mobile platforms. In this way, you can not only contain development costs, but also the TTM value (time-to-market).
- Xamarin supports functional testing and quality monitoring for a wide range of devices. It also has an Android emulator.
The prevailing compatibility problems with open source libraries for Android and iOS are a bit of a deterrent to developing a full-fledged app with Xamarin. This is a topic that the Xamarin community has yet to address to encourage developers to implement a substantial project using Xamarin.
- The cross-platform use of code (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry and Firefox OS) can reduce the TTM (time-to-market).
- PhoneGap has a plugin-compatible architecture. This enables developers to access the full range of features of the device via APIs and in this way to program featured apps.
- PhoneGap supports in-app purchases for the App Store (iOS), the Google Play Store (Android) and other stores.
You may experience performance problems with graphics-intensive apps. However, developers can overcome this challenge by implementing third-party solutions that improve caching and speed up graphics. With OEMs offering better technical specifications, you shouldn't worry too much about this issue.
3. Native script
- NativeScript includes support for Angular and TypeScript.
- Apps use native components and have direct access to the native APIs, which also includes full access to the development libraries.
- The tool has a cross-platform declarative UI support, which allows you to first develop a user interface and then implement it on different platforms.
One potential problem in NativeScript is multithreading, which should be improved in later releases. In addition, detailed examples and documentation of the individual features are missing.
MonoCross supports the cross-platform development of apps with the help of C #, Microsoft .NET and the Mono Framework. Developers can secure the application, controller and model code across platforms while playing with the platform container and the view that represents the user interface to deliver a native experience across all key platforms. The tool also makes app porting easier than ever. In this way, companies can cope better with the rapid changes in the platforms.
- With the support of various APIs, MonoCross makes it easier to use the entire capabilities of the device.
- Third-party API support also reduces development time as developers don't have to grapple with the intricacies of each platform.
- The use of MonoCross for app development only requires the compatibility of C # and .NET.
Beginners in particular may have difficulties with the tool as there is little documentation and support available online.
5. Kony AppPlatform
- Kony offers demo apps that give developers an easier start.
- The platform supports a wide range of backend systems.
As with MonoCross, the documentation and support available on the web are insufficient.
P&M as an app agency
Our app team has supervised a wide variety of projects in recent years and has gained experience in a wide variety of fields. We will be happy to provide you with the competence you have acquired in the consultation and conception of your mobile solution. Because advice comes first with us!
About the author
Phillip Schulte is the "P" in P&M and therefore co-founder and co-managing director of the agency. He coordinates the project management of the app development, custom software and online marketing teams.
- What is elastic energy
- Do you like Amazon gift cards
- Where can I buy a Kindle
- What drives search results on Facebook
- How can you be in tune with yourself
- Can I do CA after BSc
- Muslims believe in abortion
- Can you prove 0 0 2 1
- What is the pKa of OH
- Can I study MS by just taking IELTS
- What is the best example of IT
- Is aviation or mechatronics better
- Does the art school help or hurt artists
- How can braces repair overbites?
- How does the VA IRRRL work
- How can reviews help a company?
- Do Islamic-Muslim countries speak Arabic
- Did the US import steel shafts?
- What do you think of Bo Jackson
- What is a grass widow
- What is Soylent Green
- Which is better Bennett University or VIT
- What are your biggest time management problems
- What is heaven for Catholics