Does toothpaste really work
Toothpaste Without Fluoride - How Useful Is It?
Brushing your teeth with toothpaste containing fluoride has been proven to protect teeth from tooth decay. Scientific studies prove this several times. Nevertheless, fluoride-containing pastes are often criticized. Find out here whether your dental and oral hygiene benefits more from toothpastes containing fluoride or toothpaste without fluoride.
Table of Contents
Toothpaste without fluoride - where does the skepticism about fluorides come from?
The skepticism is based on a misunderstanding: Many are not aware that the fluoride used in toothpastes is not the highly toxic and gaseous fluorine. This is highly effective and can eat through various materials.
Fluoride is a hydrofluoric acid salt. This occurs in many of nature's minerals. Fluorides are added to table salt, drinking water, milk, tablets and toothpaste.
Calculate the price for my dental treatment here immediately
Fluoride is toxic - is that right?
Unlimited fluoride intake can actually be dangerous.
However, only if you have been massively overdosing an amount of 10 to 25 mg per day for ten years. Toothpastes contain a maximum of 0.15% (adults) and a maximum of 0.05% (children) fluoride in the toothpastes. When used properly, you are more than far removed from the harmful dose.
tip: Make sure you use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when you brush. Do not swallow it, but spit out the toothpaste carefully after the cleaning process.
Toothpaste without fluoride: this is the recommendation of dentists
The effectiveness of fluorides has been scientifically proven. On the other hand, there is a lack of scientifically founded statements about the caries-protecting effectiveness of toothpastes without fluoride.
The German Society for Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine (DGZMK) expressly recommends avoiding toothpastes without fluoride and using toothpaste containing fluoride. In this way, tooth decay can be actively prevented.
- What are the characteristics of a perfect programmer?
- Is Independence Day in the US use fireworks
- What is the conviction of love
- When should I charge my battery?
- How do I tag videos on Instagram
- What is stool conformation
- Was the League of Nations useless
- AAL can live without oxygen
- Why were the Pentagon papers so explosive
- When was lipstick invented?
- What motivates you to be happy
- What does WLAN
- Why is Las Vegas called Sin City
- How to make a Medusa costume
- What are the best cheap soccer shoes
- Who are the greatest idiots in medicine
- Play futures gambling
- What should everyone know about Panama City
- What are the effects of Dianabol
- How do parents make decisions
- How can I delete an HBO service
- What's the Worst General Workout Advice
- Where's Bob Dylan now
- How does it feel to be aromantic?
- Is Los Angeles water drinkable
- What are pet rabbits
- Could we teach animals to speak?
- What is an unsubstantiated complaint
- Should we try past life regression
- What does Judaism say about self-harm
- Middle school in the US is comfortable
- Where can I download XBRL
- Can an abdominal aneurysm be cut off