What vitamin deficiencies cause low WBC
Small and large blood counts - an overview
Granulocytes belong to the group of white blood cells and travel with the blood to the tissues in which inflammation is developing or is already present. Granulocytes can be divided into 3 fractions, each of which has different tasks in the immune system.
Elevated levels can be due to infections, inflammations, certain types of cancer / metastatic cancer, medication (cortisone, birth control pills), hormonal disorders, extreme stress, acute heart disease, burns or poisoning, and autoimmune diseases.
Low values, on the other hand, can be associated with certain blood disorders, overactive or enlarged spleen, the use of cortisone medication, blood poisoning, cancer or metastatic cancer as well as severe poisoning with damage to the bone marrow.
Neutrophils: Low levels of neutrophils can indicate diseases such as infections, tumors or deficiencies (e.g. vitamin B12). High values are typical for chronic inflammation, poisoning or severe burns. The normal value of neutrophils is between 3,000 and 5,800 per µl of blood.
Eosinophils: The eosinophil granulocytes are often very low in shock, convulsions, colic as well as in physical overload and excessive stress. Other possible causes include severe infections, Cushing's disease, and prolonged use of cortisone. If, on the other hand, the values are increased, allergic diseases such as asthma or hay fever can be considered as the cause. Eosinophils fight worms and parasites in particular by swallowing them and then using their own enzymes to fight them. The normal value of eosinophilic granulocytes is approx. 50-250 per µl of blood.
Basophils: If the basophilic granulocyte counts are low, this can indicate severe infectious diseases or inflammatory processes. On the other hand, increased values are found in allergies or leukemia. Basophils contain various messenger substances inside, which trigger allergic reactions after being released. The normal value of the basophil granulocytes is approximately 15-50 per µl of blood.
- What shapes move best through water
- Is horse racing profitable
- What are some other songs like this
- What is your favorite urban legend
- How to use a dye
- Is the Markov matrix always symmetrical
- How can I remove acrylic nails painlessly
- How expensive is Bengaluru
- How was guacamole invented
- Braising makes meat tender
- Why should men avoid fish oil supplements?
- How do you say convert in German
- Hold the lectures on civil engineering
- How does the sun burn in space
- What are the worst misunderstandings
- What are the consequences of castration
- How to shoot a propane tank
- Are there still animals the size of a dinosaur
- How fair are minorities treated in Brazil?
- Which element is used in fluorescent lamps
- What is the least practiced religion
- Why are tube lights not heated
- What are the disadvantages of Sanskrit
- What did Dani Cabelos tell Real Madrid?