Don't you like monkeys
Thailand is an absolute hotspot for backpackers and those looking for relaxation. Crystal clear water, idyllic sandy beaches and delicious food attract millions of visitors to the Asian country year after year. One of the highlights are also the monkeys, which live wild in many places and make a great holiday photo. But the encounter with the animals can be dangerous, warns the local police.
Vacationers in Phuket bitten by monkeys
Monkey Hill on Phuket recently made headlines: A vacationer from Russia who visited the mountain and the monkeys that lived there apparently came too close to one of the animals and was bitten on the arm. A video of the incident shows the tourist bleeding profusely and having to be bandaged. Warning: There is a lot of blood in the video.
The vacationer is said to have ridden his motorcycle up the mountain and parked in front of a shop. Then he went to a group of monkeys and fed the animals by hand to take photos at close range. When he withdrew his hand while taking the picture, a monkey bit in a flash and left a gaping wound, reports "The Taiger".
Continue reading after the ad
More warning signs on Monkey Hill in Thailand
Because similar cases are not uncommon there and the monkeys can react aggressively to the visitors, the local police are now warning against getting in touch with the animals and feeding them. A spokesman for the police station calls for more warning signs on Monkey Hill, although there are already several notices in different languages.
Existing signs warn of the dangers of bites and visitors are advised not to feed the monkeys. Even so, the tourists would disregard the rules. As a result, there are attacks on vacationers three to four times a day, reports a tour guide for the Thai newspaper. It remains to be seen whether more warning signs will ensure more safety in the future.
- What is SAE 10 Ol
- Why was Alex Jones banned from YouTube
- Why are BART cars so loud
- Are straight angles also obtuse angles
- Did Hitler and the Nazis abuse meth
- How can I rejuvenate Wellbutrin
- Should you have predicted your death
- How do you wish you look
- How do you miss a person
- What can be found in wetlands
- Is there a limit to a person's intellect
- Sip Coors beer while playing golf
- Why do little children sleep more?
- How can I download Quantico TV series
- Why should it be legal to be gay?
- Can I swallow fenugreek
- Will ISIS join NATO
- Are Meizu smartphones worth buying?
- What is P in the SED command
- What is it like to live in Sweden?
- What is Google's biggest flop
- Inhaling incense can injure the lungs
- How good is the Hamilton SF cast
- How are bananas grown