How can Pinkeye cause blindness in children
The conjunctiva is the outer covering of the eye and goes laterally away from the cornea. It is always well moistened and is also responsible for moistening the eyes. The first immune defense takes place on the conjunctiva, and the conjunctiva is also very well supplied with pain fibers. That is, if any foreign body caught your eye, you would notice it immediately and accordingly close your eyes and try to rub, trying to remove the foreign body if possible.
The cornea is the organ with the most pain nerve endings and if there is only one small particle damaged, it is incredibly painful, and in response to this the conjunctiva is reddened, so that would be a classic for conjunctivitis, accompanied by a corneal change.
If someone comes to us and has one or two red eyes, then it can basically be a surface change. If the surface is affected, it could be inflammation or infection, it could be dry eye, it could be an allergy, and sometimes it could be a change in the cornea.
If the cause of a red eye is a change inside the eye, then it is usually more dangerous. It can be inflammation, i.e. iritis, or it can also be, for example, increased eye pressure that, if it is very, very high, leads to reddening of the eyes, but usually also to pain.
Regardless of whether it's the surface or inside the eye, you should definitely see an ophthalmologist. There are of course exceptions: if someone has an allergy, for example, and knows exactly what kind of drops to take. If someone wears contact lenses and their eyes get dry and it somehow makes a foreign body sensation, then they can take out the contact lenses and see for themselves whether it gets better. Tear replacement drops help very well.
But if it doesn't get better, there can be an infection that also affects the cornea, then you should definitely go to the ophthalmologist. Better once too often than once too little.
- Journalism is a risky profession
- You should buy a used laptop
- Will beat Snapdeal Flipkart in India
- Is paranoia diagnosed curable
- Is the school useful?
- What are the best entrepreneurship events in Mumbai
- How does the Toyota Mirai work
- Which is an advanced mobile processor
- Does cannabis oil affect chemotherapy
- What causes a gearbox to slip
- Why is AutoZone checking the batteries
- How fast are internet speeds in Australia
- Why do bricklayers meet in dark rooms
- What are some fighting tips
- Is oil too expensive in India
- What is the most produced automobile
- What is the full form of UNCHS
- How much is 18 cm to mm
- Who is Yoko Kanno
- Why are hurricanes viewed as a triple threat
- Will Daenerys survive season 7
- What is the epistemological perspective of phenomenology
- What is the Hadoop definition
- Which board game do you hate