What is the recipe of Dal Raisin
This Dal recipe is one of my top favorites when things have to be done quickly. Briefly chop the vegetables and fry them. Then add the lentils and coconut milk. And that's it. Your pot will do the rest for you!
And as soon as it's ready, just dip in with naan bread and put it in ... hops, drooled on the keyboard.
The following applies to this Dal recipe: regional meets exotic
Dal is actually a long-cooked Indian lentil dish. By using red lentils, which have a much shorter cooking time, the dal is ready much faster.
Alternatively, you can use pre-cooked lentils. In some supermarkets they are available from a can or you can cook them yourself in screw-top jars.
Regional vegetables such as spinach and leek are added to the lentils, coconut milk and curry spices. It is topped with a few raisins, which create a nice contrast in taste.
There are 1000 different mixtures of curry spices. I used a sweet curry mix called “English Curry Sweet”. This contains, among other things, licorice root and only a little chilli.
The Dal recipe is super flexible and you can also use other vegetables. For example, you can also use Swiss chard or kale instead of spinach.
My insider tip for the dal is an extra helping of cardamom! It adds a special touch and should definitely not be missing.
The perfect pre-cooked dish
This Dal recipe is perfect for pre-cooking for work. Well drawn it tastes even better the next day. You can also easily freeze it in portions and then conjure it up when you need lunch.
The dal is also a particularly good emergency meal. We always have the ingredients for it in our pantry. And the spinach can come out of the freezer if necessary. You can also use regular onions instead of the leek.
Rice or naan bread are ideal as a side dish for the dal. A special recipe for the naan bread, without yoghurt and instead with sourdough, can be found here.
And now I hope you enjoy cooking at home!
Have all the ingredients and tools ready.
Quarter the leek and cut into thin strips. Fry in the saucepan with 3 tablespoons of oil until it has taken on a little color.
Then add the lentils, coconut milk and 500ml water.
In the meantime, clean the spinach and cut into fine strips.
Add the spinach to the lentils. Add the curry and cardamom and simmer for another 20 minutes.
At the end of the cooking time, season the dal with apple cider vinegar and salt. If necessary, use a little more curry powder.
Serve the dal with rice or flatbread and topped with the raisins.
Have you tried the recipe? Then write me your feedback in the comment section!
Or tag me when you've made a recipe on Instagram with @ blog.rethinkcooking
And I am also very happy if you add a picture to my pins that you have tried out.
Here is my channel
- How and when did Louis Vuitton start
- How do I become an advanced PC user
- Can a cat weigh 28 pounds
- How do I spoil my wife
- Free pharmacy discount cards are a scam
- Where taps are provided on the transformer
- What is goods management
- What are some good cycling apps
- How is the name Eoin pronounced
- Does anyone know the benefits of tea
- You can take ZzzQuil every evening
- How does the APR work per month
- What happened in China in 1949
- How do I issue a convertible bond
- Which is the grammatically correct Japanese sentence
- I like somebody what should i do
- Does college matter 1
- Will Greece survive its current economic crisis?
- Which artist sings the song Red Lights
- How to make butterscotch fudge
- How does the vacuum transmit light
- What is the clipboard manager software
- Which service is better Talkwalker or Mention
- How do hanging walls and footboards differ?
- When did Industry 4 0 start?
- There are animals with four different legs
- How peacocks build their nests
- Chronic illness is a mental disorder
- What kind of bird can bark
- How do DUI defenders defend you
- What is the most advanced weapon in World War II
- Is Facebook a technology company
- Why does rejection make feelings stronger
- What was a zigongosaurus