Is breadboard analog or digital
1 - potentiometer circuit
- More suggestions on the same topic with the boards: Prop-BoE-Prop-AB - BASIC Stamp - Raspberry Pi
The Arduino Board has a 10-bit six-channel analog-to-digital converter. Input voltages between 0 to 5 volts are mapped to a range from 0 to 1023. The resolution is then 5 volts / 1024 = 4.9 mV per level. The read-in process for an analog voltage value is 100 µs (0.0001 s); 10,000 measurements can be carried out per second.
The connections of the six AD converters are on the Arduino UNO Board marked with ANALOG IN and are labeled A0 ... A5.
The AD converters are addressed via the function
A number of the type int (integer) between 0 and 1023 output.
2 - A first voltage measurement
|A first voltage measurement with an AD converter|
1x Arduino UNO board
1x USB connection cable
1x power supply
1x potentiometer, 10 kOhm
Circuit diagram and circuit structure
TIP: If the potentiometer is not firmly seated on the breadboard, straighten the three connection legs of the potentiometer with flat-nose pliers.
The program Poti_1.ino
In the terminal, the values 0 and 1023 should be displayed for the left stop position or right stop for the potentiometer. At each intermediate position of the grinder, a value between the two extremes is displayed (see Fig. 3).
3 - Conversion of the values into voltage quantities
The values returned by the AD converter are between 0 and 1023; they are a measure of the position of the wiper at the used potentiometer and they are a measure of the voltage that is tapped by the wiper.
In one extreme position (left stop) a value 0 is output and in the right stop a value 1023 is output in the terminal. This highest value corresponds to the applied voltage and that is 5 volts here. With the help of the rule of three we can say:
- 1023 corresponds to 5 volts1 corresponds to 5/1023 volt value corresponds to 5 * value / 1023 volts
The conversion can be carried out with this formula:
The associated program poti_1.ino has been supplemented by a few lines and it became the floating point variable tension of type float introduced.
The program poti_2.ino
The associated terminal output is shown in the following figure. The value output by the AD converter is displayed in the left column, with the converted voltage value to the right.
- How do I write an LLVM backend
- Can a printer print on cardboard
- Computer science which University of Manchester or Edinburgh
- What can you do with a synthesizer
- What's the next BTC
- Norway has 24 hours of sunlight
- What makes a composer professional
- How can I download Quantico TV series
- Can I pass the IETLS without preparation?
- Can kill Wolverine Dark Phoenix
- Why is my friend never home again
- Who are the most undeserved famous people
- A purse is a bag
- How can I make mustard gas
- Is there anything I shouldn't be crowdfunding for?
- How can you design a chess program
- Is carbonara bad for you
- Why we don't have a random biogeography
- Should retirees rent or own
- Who is Aubrey de Gray
- How do I sharpen C programming skills
- Why are inappropriate moments so trustworthy
- What are four conditions of elastic collision
- Overwatch video game loses players
- What is the best private health insurance
- Which artist sang the song Breathin?
- Is it worth it to design as a professional occupation
- What does Arkancide mean to you
- Can I vacate a subtenant
- What characters were wasted in Avengers Endgame
- Where can I donate clothes in NYC
- What is a magic spectrometer
- What percentage of the salespeople are really rich?
- Why does Julia use fractals