Teach back-end development at Freecodecamp
The curriculum emphasizes pair programming to foster a culture of collaboration and learning together that can overcome students' doubts about the adequacy of their skills (popularly known as "impostor syndrome").
When freeCodeCamp students complete all of the curriculum's certificates, they are given the opportunity and are encouraged to work with non-profit organizations to Examples are the Indonesia-based non-profit organization Kopernik and People Saving Animals. and People Saving Animals.
In 2016 freeCodeCamp announced its "Open Source for Good" initiative, which expands its charitable work and makes it available to all non-profit organizations. Within ten months of its launch, the initiative created seven open source tools. Mail for Good is one of the projects that helps organizations send bulk emails at low cost, which serves as a cheaper alternative to services like MailChimp.
The freeCodeCamp platform is used by around 350,000 visitors per month, with students from over 160 countries.
freeCodeCamp has international, community-led groups where students can meet in person. Several groups have been mentioned on local news citing freeCodeCamp as an introduction to programming to fill the estimated need for programming-related jobs over the next decade.
- ↑About freeCodeCamp - Frequently Asked Questions. 18th October 2019.
- ↑ abRobynn Garfield: Students learn to code for free while donating skills to nonprofits(en). In: KSL-TV, April 26, 2016. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- ↑ Pranay Mohan: Free Code Camp with Quincy Larson. October 28, 2015. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- ↑ SE Daily: freeCodeCamp with Quincy Larson podcast. December 20, 2019. Retrieved March 22, 2020.
- ↑ Quincy Larson: A Cautionary Tale of Learning to Code. My own.. November 13, 2014. Accessed March 23, 2020.
- ↑ Quincy Larson: Free Code Camp’s First Month. November 9, 2014. Retrieved March 22, 2020.
- ↑ Quincy Larson: The future of the open internet. March 16, 2017. Retrieved March 22, 2020.
- ↑ Laurence Bradford: 11 Websites To Learn To Code For Free In 2017. In: Forbes, December 8, 2016. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- ↑Free Code Camp. Retrieved December 5, 2019.
- ↑Free Code Camp curriculum. Retrieved December 5, 2019.
- ↑ Klint Finley: You Can Do Real-World Work at This Free Coding Boot Camp. In: Wired, June 18, 2015. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- ↑freeCodeCamp's map of challenges. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- ↑ Larry Kim: 7 (More) Places to Learn to Code for Free(en). In: Inc., June 24, 2015. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- ↑ abJoseph Rauch: Employers Are Crowdsourcing Coding: Here’s Why. In: Recruiter.com. June 1, 2015. Accessed January 24, 2017.
- ↑ Michael D. Johnson: Open source for good. September 23, 2016. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- ↑ Michael D. Johnson: Introducing the Open Source for Good Directory: Help Nonprofits with Code. In: freeCodeCamp, July 21, 2017. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- ↑ Ernie Smith: Nonprofit Launches Open-Source Take on Email Marketing (en-US) September 18, 2017. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- ↑ Quincy Larson: showing website analytics for the end of December 2016. January 9, 2017. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- ↑ Quincy Larson: How to get published in the freeCodeCamp Medium publication. January 11, 2017. Retrieved January 12, 2017.
- ↑ Devin Coldewey: Free Code Camp survey reveals demographics of self-taught coders. May 4, 2016. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- ↑ freeCodeCamp: Free Code Camp now has Local Groups. In: freeCodeCamp, May 9, 2015. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- ↑ Victor Quezada: OKC resident's coding camp gives students experience through helping nonprofits(en-US). In: The Oklahoman, July 31, 2017. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- ↑ Jonathan Ellyson: LISTS: Code Camp Teaches Programming, Helps Non-Profits (en) October 1, 2017. Archived from the original on October 12, 2017.
- Is Viator trusted
- What courses are offered in Iiith
- Is the Roswell Rock real?
- Are psychiatric studies reliable
- Why do I like sad things
- Could we teach animals to speak?
- Will Naruto Hokage
- How did demonization destroy your life
- Quora is a good site
- Should cities in Arizona privatize their prisons
- Which bank offers notoriously low service fees
- Which is an advanced mobile processor
- When will the Second World War take place?
- What are the different types of virginity
- Can daylilies grow in the shade
- What is the integer of 285?
- Why should I choose liberal
- What are the five benefits of flowers
- How many centimeters are in 3 feet
- Communication is the most useful class
- Is Cuba safe
- What caused the economic decline after 9 11
- Can skin ever grow together