Why sext teenagers
This is how the sex of youth works: enlightened, safe and later
They know more today, but neither do they sooner. Not because of sex and porn - young people are more cautious than many assume. This is shown by the study "Youth Sexuality 2015". Parents can breathe a sigh of relief: Generally speaking, the "first time" doesn't happen sooner than it used to.
According to a new study, sexual experiences are an exception among 14-year-olds in Germany. Overall, the group of 14 to 17 year olds is sexually active no earlier than in previous years, said the head of the Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA), Heidrun Thaiss.
She recognizes a change in values. "By 2005, sexual activity had shifted forward." In the meantime, however, the trend has stopped, if not even declining.
Girls have sex earlier
By the age of 17, more than half of adolescents have already had sex. Overall, girls are active earlier than boys. In addition, young people of German origin in almost all age groups have their first experiences earlier than their peers with foreign roots.
The first time
Of young women of German origin, 90 percent experienced the "first time" at the age of 19, while it was only 61 percent of women of the same age with foreign roots. Male adolescents often have their first experiences later. By the age of 19, 73 percent of German adolescents and 70 percent of young men with foreign roots had already had sex.
The lack of the “right one” is, according to the Federal Agency, “the main reason for reluctance, regardless of gender and origin”. For girls and young women from migrant families, "moral concerns" also played an important role.
The BZgA has been interviewing young people on the topics of sex, education and contraception since 1980, and since 2005 also young people with a migration background. This time, 5,750 young people nationwide were included.
Young people think about contraception
The number one contraceptive is the condom. The awareness of contraception has changed significantly since the first surveys: only eight percent of young women and six percent of young men between 14 and 17 did not take any precautions the first time, as the study shows. In 1980, according to the BZgA, 29 percent of boys and 20 percent of girls didn't think about condoms, pills or other contraceptives. Thaiss rated the change as a "considerable success".
The number of non-contraceptives among young people with a migration background shrank even more significantly and faster: Whereas around a third of the boys in this group did not use contraception in 2005, it was now only a tenth. In the case of girls, the proportion fell from just under 20 percent to two percent.
Parents provide information
The parents in particular provide information, said Thaiss. But almost every young person encounters sex at school too. Teachers are also important contacts, especially for boys and children of Muslim parents, who tend to make the subject taboo at home. Much knowledge is also drawn from the Internet. According to the BZgA, the entire study will be published next year.
Stories of teen mothers, unprotected sex, and clandestine porn use scare parents. This is what the numbers say:
- Young mothers: According to data from the Federal Statistical Office, the number of underage mothers has been declining for years: while in 2010 just under 4600 children had a mother under the age of 18, in 2013 it was only around 4110 - with an overall increase in the number of births.
- HIV: People between the ages of 15 and 19 are less likely to be re-diagnosed with HIV than older people, according to data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for 2014. According to the Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA), the use of condoms is not decreasing despite increasing hormonal contraception.
- Porn: According to the EU initiative Klicksafe, between 60 and 80 percent of young people aged 13 and over have had experience with porn. But very few of them look at them regularly. Boys tend to consume in groups and girls with their partner.
You can also find us on Facebook - become a fan of our "parenting world" now and join the discussion!
more on the subject
- What are some fun fitness goals
- Has your best friend ever crossed you
- Which books do you like best?
- How do I cancel a WeChat payment
- How should I keep colored pencil drawings
- How can I become a WordPress developer
- Is hate the same as love
- Value investing is out of date today
- Use other social networks
- How does a cluster server work
- Do plants actually crave electrolytes
- What are the contributions of Sridhara Charya
- How do I keep girls interested
- Why are people frustrated for small reasons
- How do you fight without beauty
- Do you think the British are stingy?
- Would you say I am bisexual
- What quantum activity happens in the brain
- What are some common myths about terrorism
- How are careers in Unified Communications
- Who invented elevator 1?
- How do confined and non-confined aquifers differ?
- Putin also caused Brexit
- What is atmosphere 1
- How do I find leaked password databases
- What is Texas Tech known for?
- Who offers SharePoint 2013 training courses in Bangalore
- Can GST be used for cell phones
- Which is better CorelDRAW or Photoshop
- Why is thrombolysis contraindicated in NSTEMI
- What is a microprocessor made of
- Why does my voice sound so precarious
- Who likes hospitals 1
- What makes a great artist manager