Who invented the key lock?
Lock and key principle
By the Key lock principle the formation of an enzyme-substrate complex is possible. But how does the principle work and where does it occur? You will find out in this post! Would you like to understand the topic even faster? Then take a look at our video!
Key lock principle simply explained
With the key lock principle (often also: key-lock principle) there is a "lock" in which usually only one "key" fits. This means molecules in each case. Several “keys” can also fit into one “lock”. This is the case when several molecules ("keys") one complementary have (complementary) structure to another molecule (“lock”).
With the key lock principle connect So at least two molecules with each other. The lock and key principle is very important because many molecules can only perform their function once they have connected to their matching counterpart.
You have probably mostly related to the lock and key principle Enzymes belongs. Using the key lock principle, an enzyme-substrate complex can be formed.
The key lock principle describes the accuracy of fit of two or more complementary (supplementary) molecular structures.
Key lock principle enzymes
You need a specific key for your front door. In forming a Enzyme-substrate complex is it the same. A substrate binds to the active site of an enzyme. However, only very specific substrates fit into the active center of the enzyme. This is why you also refer to the enzyme as substrate specific. But how does the enzyme recognize the right substrate?
- How do I design my database
- When is a hydrogen fuel cell more economical?
- Do you think Bob Marley was murdered
- Who is was Errol Flynn
- What's the best cloud computing book
- What is a ceramic tile grinder
- We are all 50th cousins
- Would you wear this skirt
- What size is a small farm
- In which country is Cape Town located
- How is CNG different from gasoline
- How does Addison's disease affect the body?
- Who invented the bicycle 11
- Like many Caribbean islands, they are privately owned
- Sound has a physical form
- Why can't Indian girls wear lungis?
- Which websites every parent should know
- How does Google structure its sales force
- How is life in Libya these days
- Why do musical harmonies work
- Which is the best room cooler
- How can I jailbreak iOS 9
- White LED plants will grow
- What is 1 2 23