What makes a good Caesar salad
Caesar salad with chicken fillet - this is how it works
Incidentally, the Caesar Salad doesn't owe its name to the Roman emperor, but to its inventor Caesare Cardini. The Italian-American experienced a rush to his restaurant on the American national holiday in 1924 and the ingredients for the dishes on the menu ran out. Without further ado, the chef developed a salad with a very special dressing from the remaining ingredients - the Caesar Salad was born!
Caesar Salad - Ingredients for 4 people:
Caesar Salad - Step 1:
Wash 2 chicken fillets and pat dry. Mix 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 pinch of pepper and 1 teaspoon paprika. Brush the fillets with it. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Caesar Salad - Step 2:
Peel and chop 2 cloves of garlic. Dice 4 slices of bread. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Roast the bread in it for 3-5 minutes, briefly toast the garlic as well. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
Caesar Salad - Step 3:
Wipe the pan with kitchen paper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in it. Fry fillets in it over low to medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side. Season with salt. Rinse 6 anchovies and pat dry. Dice the anchovies very finely. Peel and finely dice 1 onion. Roughly grate 50 g parmesan.
Caesar Salad - Step 4:
Mix 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and egg yolks together. Pour in 100 ml of oil in a thin stream and beat under. Stir in onion and anchovies. Season with salt, pepper and Worcester sauce.
Caesar Salad - Step 5:
Clean and wash romaine lettuce, spin dry and cut into wide strips. Mix with the parmesan, bread cubes and sauce. Cut the chicken fillets into slices and add to the salad.
Preparation time: approx. 1 hour + waiting time
The Caesar Salad Dressing is the highlight
The dressing of the Caesar salad is reminiscent of a mayonnaise. Egg yolks and olive oil are whipped and combine with each other, they emulsify. The dressing gets its special flavor from anchovy fillets, lemon juice and Worcester sauce. An incomparable taste that causes enthusiasm all over the world!
Caesar salad in delicious variations
How do you like our Caesar Salad cooking school? We look forward to your feedback in this gallery or at DELICIOUS on Facebook.
Always be up to date:
Subscribe to the free LECKER.de newsletter here >>
- How do medicine tablets work?
- Is iron a good heat conductor?
- What is a statutory annual financial statement
- Does this guy play with me?
- How is Benjamin Netanyahu personally
- Which color goes best with an ecosport
- What if you repeal martial law
- Who invented purgatory?
- What is your nutrition advice
- How is the first time Hyderabad experience
- 4 months are enough for the NTSE preparation
- Refined sugar can cause migraines
- Why should I choose Cakephp
- Can TikTok make you a rich man
- Why do moderate Muslims protect extremist Muslims
- Is arachnoiditis an autoimmune disease
- What do ICO marketing agencies do
- How can I build a strong mindset
- What is known about Salesforces Project Wave
- Are there parkour gyms in India
- Do you wish you could float
- How do I hire a DUI attorney
- Which is the best farmhouse near Mumbai
- What is a cross country run