What's in the meantime
Intermediate time (German)
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- In the meantime, Plural: Between | times
- IPA: [ˈʦvɪʃn̩ˌʦaɪ̯t]
- 1) Period between two points in time
- 2) Sports: measured section of a longer action
- Determinative compound between and time
- 1) “The Billy brothers took care of the Meanwhile about the fact that the Diligent's cargo was unloaded and the sugar, rocou and cotton were put up for sale from their holds. "
- 1) “The common Reykjavíker contented himself with attending the annual Night of Culture in August, and saw in the Meanwhile remote."
- 1) “But also this one Meanwhile was soon over. "
- 1) “In the Meanwhile the status of the German population remained unclear. "
- 2) He won the race despite his Meanwhile Wasn't particularly good at half the distance.
- 2) You should Split times calculate for a specific marathon end time.
- 1) in the Meanwhile
- 2) someone's Meanwhile, Meanwhilebeat or undercut
- [*] First Meanwhile, Second Meanwhile, Third Meanwhile
- Interim time taking
- Nominative: singular Meanwhile; Plural Split times
- Genitive: singular Meanwhile; Plural Split times
- Dative: singular Meanwhile; Plural Split times
- Accusative: singular Meanwhile; Plural Split times
- English: 1) meantime, in the meantime: in the meantime, meantime, meanwhile
- French: 1) intervals (Female), in the meantime: dans l’intervals; 2) temps intermédiaire (male)
- Latvian: 1) starplaiks (male)
- Polish: 1) in the meantime: w międzyczasie; 2) międzyczas (male)
- Spanish: 1) intervalo
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„For years it was gone, then it came back. But in the Meanwhile Maria is said to have been abused umpteen times.“
Day 24, May 17, 2019
„One of the five ÖVP clubs that appear in the Ibiza investigation was in the Meanwhile dissolved.“
Today.at, July 11, 2019
„Pharmacy dispute in Scheifling: Now there is a compromise offer from the doctor concerned. In the Meanwhile the mayor steps in.“
Kleine Zeitung, 6th August 2019
„At the Glattzentrum in Wallisellen ZH, drivers stood in front of a red light for 30 minutes. In the Meanwhile a long traffic jam formed.“
20 minutes, January 10, 2019
„In the Meanwhile a lot has happened. A silent mutation that manifests itself in little things.“
derStandard.at, August 29, 2018
„Coalition negotiations have started 60 days after the general election. In the Meanwhile some tried the uprising.“
BILD.de, April 25, 2020
„Economics Minister Franz Fayot had contact on Monday with a person working in the Meanwhile tested positive.“
Luxemburger Wort, March 12, 2020
„In February a woman was raped in Basel. One of the alleged perpetrators was in the Meanwhile put to the police.“
20 minutes, February 13, 2020
„During his service, a Styrian inspector visited a Laufhaus to have sex there. A police student had to come along and took care of the Meanwhile for his service weapon.“
Today.at, February 18, 2020
„It now seems more likely that the NBA season can continue. Also in the Meanwhile But you don't have to do without basketball.“
Spox, May 23, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- hiatus: Medicine opening, gap; Linguistics, literary studies: the meeting of two vowels at the end of one and at the beginning of the following word or part of a word; Geology time gap in the deposition of rocks; Music excessive second; Prehistory Period with no archaeological finds
- gap: Place where something is missing that should be there or can go there
- Break: Interruption of an activity; School interruption of lessons; Music short interruption of the music influenced by the rhythm of the respective piece of music
- Interruption: Splitting a connection; Opening of a line, a pipe, a rope; Disruption of communication, conversation; brief suspension of an action in order to resume it later; Right to suspend a contractually agreed period; Computer science short-term suspension of a program in order to carry out higher-priority and therefore time-critical processing
- Intermediate phase
Another word (synonym) for intermediate time - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "interim":
time: ... 1) Space Subordinate terms: absolute: prehistory, beginning time, time of origin, early time, intermediate time, transition time, development time, late time, end time, subsequent time Nature: ...
Ad interim: ad interim (Latin) part of speech: word combination hyphenation: ad in | te | rim Abbreviation: 1) a. i. Word meaning / definition: 1) "temporarily", "in the meantime". The expression…
interstitial: ... are stored in a crystal lattice, compare storage connection 3) prescribed intermediate time between receiving two religious orders (Catholic) Origin of the term: ...
bil: ... Subordinate terms: 3) ársbil (period in a year), millumbil (space, intermediate time), toybil (thaw) Examples of use: 3) um tað bil around this ...
between:… Words: in between; meanwhile double-declutching; Interim solution; Interlude; Meanwhile translations of ancient Greek: μεταξύ Chinese (simplified): ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Zwischenzeit" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Zwischenzeit/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "Zwischenzeit" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Split times (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Between | times Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: ...
Interim report (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular the interim report; Majority of the ...
Interim certificates (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Dative Singular: Intermediate certificate Hyphenation: ...
Interim certificates (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Between | zeug | nis | sen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Interim certificate (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Between | zeug | nis | ses Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Quarrel (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: Einzahl der Zwist; Plural die Zwiste genitive: singular ...
Quarrel (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subforms: Dative Singular: Zwist Hyphenation: Zwis | te…
Quarrels (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Zwis | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈt͡svɪstn̩]…
Quarrel (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Zwists Hyphenation: Zwis | tes Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- How do you deal with debuggers
- How can braces repair overbites?
- What is Captive Product Pricing
- What does sodomize mean
- What are good books on craftsmanship
- Likes Jon Snow Daenerys
- Is 2WD front wheel drive
- Which cash app is the best
- How can I use Excel's formulas efficiently
- What are highly compressed games
- Which product manager
- What hydrocarbons are solid
- What can you do in Northern Michigan
- Why do Nepalis hate Indians
- How is Ukraine for immigration
- What is the validity of the MAT score
- What is hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis HLH
- Sells Walmart car batteries
- Why is Vietnam so successful
- How is IFB 1 5 AC
- What are Harmful Chemicals in Face Powders
- How can you speak softly but with confidence
- Are whole body exercises better for bodybuilding
- Why isn't patent trolling made illegal?