Life today is only shaped by the media
Media in the everyday life of children
“Media childhood” yesterday and today
The modern digital media, as they shape the everyday life of families today, did not play such an important role in the childhood of the parents' generation. While children nowadays grow up with digital media such as computers, mobile phones and the Internet as a matter of course, many parents only got to know digital media in adulthood - today's children and adolescents are "native speakers" or so-called "digital natives" in digital worlds, while their parents are "immigrants" or “digital immigrants”. So it is not surprising that many parents are a little alienated or helpless about their children's enthusiasm for the media.
In the meantime, however, a change is occurring here, as the current adolescent and young parents have already grown up with a comparatively large range of media.
The media offerings and their use will continue to change and develop and will maintain their influence on everyday family life and growing up. Skepticism and caution about what this means for children in terms of content and technology are certainly appropriate. But it is just as important that parents respect the child's curiosity, be interested in the media interests of their child and discover what positive and meaningful media can offer children. Only then can parents actually provide their child with advice when dealing with the media and find meaningful rules for dealing with the media.
- Which countries have the largest land area
- Why are migraines so painful
- How do you say silly in Russian?
- Communists recite the promise of loyalty
- Why shouldn't young children use Google Glass
- Where do veins collect blood from
- How and why are college admissions corrupt
- Can outperform IRST Radar
- Is INFP suitable as a programmer
- You can trust Facebook's Libra crypto currency
- Where was the sun in Ptolemy's model
- How do you say mean in French
- What makes America different from other countries
- How many bundles do you need
- Will this turtle survive
- Are people diagnosed with bipolar psychopaths
- What does no ordinary person mean
- How much human genes affect human life
- Is turmeric good for diabetes
- Probiotics reduce bloating in dogs
- Why is palm oil controversial
- What is the difference between Intranet LAN
- Why music is so boring
- Where does the name Huckleberry come from