How does a friend help us?
7 tips on how to help friends who are lovesick
We've all been at this point before: our hearts were broken and we just felt completely hopeless. Everyone deals with these feelings differently. The fact that sooner or later we have come up with a survial tactic for our own lovesickness, which will hopefully work somewhat, does not mean that we can help others who are struggling with heartbreak or that we can find the right words right away to give them new courage. Many of the standard sayings we use to help broken hearted friends are often counterproductive. “Other mothers also have beautiful sons” or “Now I can tell you, I never liked them anyway” do not help anyone and neither make the heartache patient feel better nor make him or her sooner or later feels like going out again to meet someone new.
Unfortunately, what we often forget is that while we are looking at the whole thing rationally and with due distance from the outside (the two may simply not have been a particularly good match or the person you love is just not into your friend * in love), the broken hearted person wears completely different glasses. What someone like that needs the least now are really practical tips on how to move on quickly and easily. Rather, a little encouragement, a shoulder to cry on or a cozy movie night on the couch and, above all, the feeling of not being alone in the world can help a friend who is in emotional distress.
We spoke to therapists, relationship specialists and psychologists and collected tips on how you can help a friend with heartbreak.
- Why do junior developers avoid getting help?
- Has the hype about Bernie Sanders died out?
- Why don't people like Sarada's design
- How are square kilometers measured in Australia
- Believe advertising destroyed art
- Why hair products remove nail polish
- Which continent is Chad
- Can minors invest in mutual funds
- Which design looks better
- Who is Nick Gordon
- How would I make the moon explode
- Why is Nigeria facing an economic recession
- Why are the nanomaterials popular
- What invention shouldn't be invented and why
- What celebrities have identical twins
- Can you expose this pro-war propaganda
- How is all matter preserved?
- American helicopter motorcycles are allowed in India
- How old people didn't have AIDS
- What is an indivisible atom
- How many companies are headquartered in NYC
- What is meant by polar water molecules
- Turkey violates the territorial integrity of Iraq
- I've taken 17 paracetamole, I'm going to die