How often are urinary tract infections resistant to antibiotics?
Cystitis rarely stays alone
Of recurrent bladder infections one speaks when those affected suffer from a urinary tract infection more than twice every six months or three times a year. The life of those affected is often extremely restricted. Potential triggers such as swimming, sexual intercourse or the use of public toilets are avoided as a precaution.
The main cause of recurrent cystitis is re-infection (re-infection). This is the case in around 90% of recurring bladder infections.
Stopping antibiotic therapy too early increases the risk of recurrent bladder infections. This may not have killed all of the germs. Frequent use of antibiotics can also promote recurrent bladder infections. The reason for this is that the bacteria have developed resistance to the antibiotic.
Due to the constant inflammation of the bladder, the mucous membranes of the urinary tract are often severely irritated, which can encourage the renewed penetration of germs. Therefore, in particular, the follow-up care of a cystitis is ascribed a special role.
Herbal medicines, in particular, are a good choice to help the acute symptoms subside and prevent re-infection.
If you keep having urinary tract infections, you should get a thorough health check-up. Often other diseases can promote the occurrence of bladder infections.
Possible risk factors:
- Metabolic disorders such as diabetes
- Kidney and bladder stones
- Narrowed urinary tract
- Weakened immune defense e.g. during menstruation, with a cold, but also in stressful phases
- Decrease in hormone production during and after menopause
- Gynecological infections
- What are some surprisingly delicious foods
- Do we need more oil refineries?
- How are condominium taxes calculated
- It's not a pure Telugu word
- Why do we use s in C.
- What games are compatible with Ubuntu
- Saved Zidane Real Madrid
- Outperform hedge funds on index funds
- What was the hardest feeling you ever had
- What beaches have sea glass in Florida
- Why are the fees hard coded
- What's your cheese burger recipe
- Is AMD a good tech stock again?
- Computer science which University of Manchester or Edinburgh
- What is a good topic for an AP seminar
- What is the capital of Himachal Pradesh
- How well vaccines for children prevent disease
- The cleanliness has improved in Chennai
- How brutal was the Battle of Verdun
- It was mythology pseudoscience or science
- What movies talk about divorce
- How are innovation, entrepreneurship and management related?
- Where can I buy rare earth metals
- What are the positive aspects of dyslexia