How do you make your own incense
Make healing frankincense ointment yourself
Almost everyone knows the scent of incense. Now people like to smoke with the fine resin! This has a long tradition, for example in the time of Jesus incense was traded as dearly as gold. Few could afford this luxury. The pain-relieving effect of frankincense was also known and many a warrior was treated with it. Nowadays you can buy incense everywhere and therefore everyone can make their own pain relieving incense ointment.
Frankincense is the resin of the Weirauchbaumes (Boswellia) and belongs to the family of the balsam tree plants. There are many different types, the following are mainly used for incense production:
- from Yemen and Oman: Boswellia sacra,
- Somalia: Boswellia carterii,
- East Indies: Boswellia serrata.
A tree produces resin when it is wounded. Therefore, the tree trunk of the frankincense tree is cut to extract the resin. There the coveted resin then flows out, where it is then harvested.
We mainly know frankincense for smoking: for religious purposes, against colds, to promote fertility or to relieve pain.
In Ayurveda, incense has always been used and valued. There the resin is often dissolved in ghee (clarified butter) and used as an ointment.
In incense are the so-called Boswellic acids which have anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-edema effects.
Therefore, the frankincense ointment is often used for rheumatism, pain, wounds, psoriasis (psoriasis) and psoriatic arthritis.
Production of the frankincense ointment
For the frankincense ointment, we are initially hiring Frankincense Oil Extract from:
- 40g jojoba oil *
- 10g incense
- Alcohol for disinfecting
- Grind the incense as finely as possible in a mortar. You can also do this in a coffee grinder, but the resin sticks and cleaning is tedious afterwards.
- Put together with the oil in a disinfected, fireproof glass and heat in a water bath. It shouldn't boil, but it should still be heated well.
- Let it soak in the water bath for at least an hour or longer and stir again and again.
- Strain through a fine tea strainer or coffee filter. Do not throw away the leftover incense. Just mix them with a little sugar and oil and mine has a great peeling and nothing is wasted.
For the Incense ointment we need the following ingredients:
If you want to make an ointment for pain relief, you can add 10 drops of essential cajeput oil. For an incense ointment for psoriasis, add 5 drops of lavender fine.
- Put frankincense oil, St. John's wort oil and beeswax in a previously disinfected, fireproof glass. Heat in a water bath and melt the beeswax while stirring.
- Remove from heat and add the evening primrose oil slowly while stirring. Stir until it has cooled to hand warmth. Now the essential oils can be mixed in.
- Pour into a previously disinfected crucible and let cool down completely. Only then close the frankincense ointment.
Since no water-based ingredients were used, the ointment lasts at least 8-10 months. Of course, the essentials are the oils used and a clean work.
I am curious how you like the incense ointment and whether you have already had experience with it?
Stay healthy and have a good time
* these links bring you to feeling, an Austrian family business that sells wonderful natural products. If you buy via this link, I will receive a small commission and enable me to run my blog - thanks for that!
- How can I get my muse back
- Is Real Estate Investment Profitable Now Why
- All Etsy sellers are entrepreneurs
- Should heroin be legalized
- Are BPOs good
- What are your favorite NYC Easter eggs
- The accounting could be automated
- When is the post coming today?
- Why does sand dissolve in water?
- Which historical films are underestimated?
- Motorcycles are automobile
- How many ohms should a fuse indicate
- If the real number line is curved
- How many bands are there in Wipro
- Can a Gemini be with a Virgo
- Which is worse illiteracy or scientific ignorance
- What are some RubyMotion alternatives for Android
- How do I write a good esay
- Has identity politics ever done any harm?
- How to write in text 1886
- What is holistic reality
- Will Venom be a flop in 2018
- How do you invest in alternative energy
- Why is television square