Is Luke Nelson Willie Nelson's son
He was born into the profession, so to speak, because he is the son of country legend Willie Nelson. Even if father and son regularly give each other a helping hand, Lukas prefers rock sounds. And Neil Young, who played an important role several times in his career.
Born on Christmas Day 1988 in Austin, Texas, Lukas grew up in Hawaii on the island of Maui. There he is interested in surfing and skateboarding, but above all in his father's main instrument, the guitar. He plays with his brother Micah, who later becomes a professional musician (and actor) himself, and accompanies his father on tour during the school holidays, who tirelessly tours the United States.
In 2008 Lukas enrolled at a university in Los Angeles. At a concert by Neil Young, he met drummer Anthony LoGerfo, with whom he founded the band Promise Of The Real. They derive the name from a song by Young, "Walk On". Also included are Tato Melgar (percussions) and Merlyn Kelly (bass, from 2010 Corey McCormick).
With the EP "Live Beginnings" in their luggage, they go first with Willie Nelson, then with B.B. King on tour. In 2010 they recorded their debut album "Promise Of The Real" at Willie Nelson Pedernales Studios in Austin.
The commercial success is limited, but they manage to go on tour with it for the next two years. In 2012 Lukas spends the evenings playing first with his band and then with his father. In the same year Lukas played a key role in the recording of "Heroes", one of his father's best albums in the new millennium.
Promise Of The Real's collaboration with Neil Young is even more prominent. After an appearance on Farm Aid in 2014, Young asked if they would like to make an album. In an old cinema they record "The Monsanto Years" (2015) with the Canadian and Micah Nelson and then go on a world tour, as the live recording "Earth" (2016) documents. Together they will contest the Desert Trip Festival ("Oldchella") in October 2016, which will also include Rolling Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney and Roger Waters.
In between, Lukas and Co. find the time to record the albums "Wasted" (2012) and "Something Real" (2016). The title of the fourth album "Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real", which will be released in August 2017, shows that Nelson is not only the focus of public perception, but is also the main band member. In addition to Willie Nelson's legendary guitar Trigger, there will also be Lady Gaga, who Lukas met while filming Bradley Cooper's film "A Star Is Born".
- How can companies save money through outsourcing?
- How do I do yoga effectively
- Is SSJ4 really stronger than SSJB
- Soft drink is best for joint pain
- What are the current machine learning projects
- What does limited reconciliation mean
- What is Nietzsche doing wrong in Socrates?
- Is NCT popular in Korea
- Where are the forest fires in Oregon
- Time travel can lead to injuries
- How can supersonic planes be destroyed
- What is meet-up event
- How do I find the first 1000 customers
- Why is the air shaking over the heaters
- What does auction mean?
- Why is San Francisco so politically progressive
- What does chillaxing mean
- Is the IQ option good for trading?
- What is an internet business
- How do I get carelessly smart
- How should one approach the industry for projects?
- Phone repair is a good job
- What does YO YO mean in English
- A virtual assistance service is required