Why are the tribes of Israel lost?
Tribes, The Twelve - Bible lexicon
"Twelve" was the number chosen by God for the people of Israel. God always had his people before him in the entirety of the twelve tribes. This fact is shown in the twelve stones in the breastplate of the high priest and the twelve names on the two onyx stones in The showbread table with the twelve loaves also reminds of this truth. This perspective of God remained true even after the people were divided into 10 and 2 tribes. Although the ten tribes were scattered and "lost" in the eyes of the people. are, Paul speaks of the "twelve tribes" who continually served God in his day (Acts 26: 7). James writes in his letter to the twelve tribes (Jak 1,1). In the new Jerusalem the names of the twelve tribes are to be written on the twelve gates (Rev 21:12) In God's sight they always remain twelveas the congregation always does for him a Assembly is.
A list of the twelve tribes is given in 7 places. The order of the names, however, differs in these lists, for which there is undoubtedly a divine reason. After Levi was set apart for the priesthood, the number twelve was retained by Ephraim and Manasseh to represent Joseph. When Moses blessed the twelve tribes, Simeon was left out. The blessing there is not so much a prophecy of their near future at that time. We find this look in Jacob when he blessed them in relation to their relationship with God in government and blessing. In Revelation 7, where the tribes are sealed for blessings, Dan is omitted because he is seen as the model of the Antichrist. Ephraim is also left out. The number is padded with the addition of Levi and Joseph, who are mentioned as well as Manasseh. In the future division of the country, Dan will have a part in it. But it will be the furthest away from the temple (Eze 48: 1-35). In the following table the names are all listed according to the order of birth. In Numbers 1 there are two lists of the tribes: In one, the heads of the tribes are mentioned. In the other, the tribes are enumerated. The only difference in the order of the names is that in the second list Gad is mentioned before Judah.
References to this article
Twelve tribes of Israel
- What are you worried about the future of India?
- When can I get a job
- Cats are naturally evil creatures
- Why did Zayn Malik leave Islam
- What are some Atari two player games
- What people lived during the Pangea
- What is Adjustment Credit
- Is the 2-week diet program effective
- What is the cure for encephalitis
- Which NGO can I teach yoga
- How vacuum is created in the fresh water generator
- How do you deal with a blind dog
- Goat sheep farming is a profitable business
- Who was the first king in India
- What is a controlled setting for therapy
- What is polypeptide chain
- How will artificial intelligence improve our health?
- Eating seeds is harmful to our colons
- What can I feed my cockatoo
- How do weasels differ from ferrets
- How the firewall works
- Will telekinesis ever become a reality?
- Will Paul Manafort receive an apology?
- What is the main purpose of learning