What was the budget for Elite Dangerous
Elite Dangerous: Expansion Odyssey offers battles on planetary surfaces
The development studio Frontier Development has announced an expansion called Odyssey for the space game Elite Dangerous. With the add-on, galactic conquerors can for the first time leave their spaceship to march over planets and moons on foot.
- Konstanz University of Applied Sciences, Constance
- Bechtle GmbH, Hamburg
There should be varied jobs there, from the area "Diplomacy and Commerce" up to "deadly sneak missions and large-scale battles", announce the developers. Your promise one "almost infinite amount of content" indicates that at least some of the bets are generated procedurally, which often gives a very generic feel to the game.
The decisive factor in the fights should be the coordination with the teammates, but also the "Selection of the right equipment for the respective mission". Multi-layered as well as tactical group battles with infantrymen, ground vehicles and spaceships are planned. What this all means in concrete terms is not yet really clear.
It is also currently not known whether the players will compete in the first person perspective or control their alter ego from the shoulder camera. The announcement is still very well received in the community: Many players apparently find the idea of being able to actually enter planets or moons already headed for with the spaceship exciting.
Odyssey is also reminiscent of Star Citizen, the space game by Chris Roberts, which is now funded by the community for around 300 million US dollars. At least at the moment, Odyssey does not give the impression that foot soldiers in Elite Dangerous are given a similar number of opportunities - visits to space stations, for example, are not planned.
However, according to the current status at its appearance, Elite Dangerous offers a much larger space than Star Citizen. In addition, Frontier Development has consistently expanded and improved its space game since 2014 (and without controversial sales of virtual spaceships), so it will certainly continue after Odyssey.
The expansion is due to appear in early 2021 for Elite Dangerous on Windows PC, MacOS, Xbox One and Playstation 4.
- How is the football atmosphere at IITs
- Can adopt children aged 18 and over
- How can I book a Gatidhara taxi
- What people lived during the Pangea
- Why is the US occupying Hawaii
- What were John F. Kennedy's accomplishments as President
- What tech tools trends are 2010
- Are we the only human species alive?
- How do you properly balance the game difficulties
- Are you afraid of your own attitude
- Why is my computer not posting anything
- What is ashwagandha
- Counter Strike 1 6 is free
- How do you identify different dog worms
- The police sends accident reports to the insurance company
- Don't you think madness is wonderful?
- Is trauma attachment the same as love
- Could the FBI shut down my computer?
- How can you speak softly but with confidence
- Investment strategies savings for studies
- How much programming should scientists know
- What part of Manhattan is considered downtown
- Which musicians are like Bastille
- Has anyone suggested the best Pune car rental