Are those carbohydrates in popcorn
What makes popcorn healthy
Most people know popcorn as a classic cinema snack: while watching the exciting film, you are constantly feeding the popped corn. And actually you can get by that way Popcorn healthy feed, as American researchers recently reported at the American Chemical Society meeting. Because popcorn contains a lot of healthy fiber as well as a lot of antioxidants.
Antioxidants make popcorn healthy
And it is precisely in these antioxidants, also known as polyphenols, that popcorn makes you healthy. It has long been suspected that antioxidants can intercept free radicals and thus slow down the aging process of the skin. The scientists led by Joe Vinson have now found that there are up to 300 milligrams of these antioxidants in a serving of popcorn. For comparison: A serving of fruit provides 160 milligrams of antioxidants, because, unlike popcorn, fruit consists mainly of water.
Why popcorn is healthy
"Popcorn is the perfect snack, it consists of 100 percent untreated meal," says scientist Joe Vinson. And he mentions another good reason for popcorn: One serving of popcorn already covers 70 percent of the daily need for whole grain.
Making healthy popcorn
However, this only applies to popcorn that has not been processed with sugar or butter. Because this is how the healthy snack quickly turns into a full calorie bomb. Joe Vinson therefore recommends using only hot air popped corn. With us you will find a delicious recipe for a popcorn muesli. (wil)
- Why do you like to take selfies
- What is the Shiva Achamana mantra
- What does Berber mean
- How did Mary Tyler Moore die
- What are the forms of water 1
- Why do I need a land survey
- Will an MBA accelerate my career
- Who was Nikolay Yazykov
- Which is better MIUI or Color OS
- How do I get certified in MBTI
- President Trump will step down at any time this August
- What was the Iranian Revolution of 1979
- What do you like about Olympia WA
- What are some contraindications to breast physiotherapy
- What is salami technique
- Are online transactions displayed in the bank's passbook
- What exactly are Thor's new powers
- Who was the most famous carpenter
- What did Dani Cabelos tell Real Madrid?
- Why we believe in invisible God
- How accurate are sun sign-related predictions
- How do you react to the tragedy
- Can I use olive oil in the summer
- What was the very first comic