Affects LDAC Spotify
Amazon Music Unlimited HD FAQs
Which Amazon devices support Amazon Music HD?
All Alexa-enabled Echo devices (from 2nd generation), Fire TVs and Fire tablets support audio in HD quality. For more information on Alexa-enabled Amazon devices, click here.
Which iOS devices support Amazon Music HD?
Any iOS device with an iOS 11 or higher operating system, including iPhones and iPads released since 2014, supports HD / Ultra HD. iOS devices without a headphone jack (iPhone 7 and newer) have a headphone jack adapter that serves as an Ultra HD compatible DAC (up to 48 kHz).
Apple AirPlay supports playback in HD quality.
Which Android devices support Amazon Music HD?
Most Android devices released since 2014 support HD / Ultra HD playback (up to 48 kHz). Please make sure your device is running on Android Lollipop (or newer).
Chromecast does not currently support Amazon Music HD.
Which Mac devices support Amazon Music HD?
Any Mac built in 2013 or later supports HD / Ultra HD. However, you will need to adjust your Mac's default audio settings to enjoy premium-quality music.
- Open the "Audio MIDI Setup" app and select a device from the list on the left in the "Audio Devices" window
- Change the settings under "Format" to the highest sampling rate of 24-bit (96 kHz or 192 kHz)
Which Windows devices support Amazon Music HD?
The playback of HD / Ultra HD depends on the built-in audio player and DAC, which vary for each device. Please check the manufacturer's information.
How do I know if I need an external DAC?
If your device has a built-in DAC that does not support HD / Ultra HD, then you will need an external DAC if you want to connect your playback device to headphones or speakers to listen to music in HD / Ultra HD.
To play music in Ultra HD, the external DAC must be able to process files with a bit depth of 24-bit and a sampling rate of at least 44.1 kHz. Please check the DAC specifications to ensure that the external DAC supports the higher sample rates available with Ultra HD (48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz).
Deactivate "Alexa Hands-free" in the settings of the iOS Amazon Music app to play music with your DAC in high audio quality.
External DACs are currently not supported on Android.
Which home audio systems support Amazon Music HD?
Amazon Music is available on many home audio systems, including receivers, amplifiers, speakers, and sound bars. You can often control playback by logging into Amazon Music in the manufacturer app. A list of our preferred partners can be found here.
We are constantly working to integrate Amazon Music into other devices by working with leading audio manufacturers. If your device is not on our list of our preferred brands, you may still be able to use Amazon Music HD on your device via a wired or wireless connection.
- Who is Jackie Evancho
- What did Christ do
- What produces energy for the animal cell
- When do you replace a chainsaw chain
- Is there a CNG pump in Uttarakhand
- What do people do on Easter Sunday
- Quora amplifies the political bubbles
- How many espresso shots are too many
- What is 3f in Python
- Which product can flush alcohol?
- Which instrument is better suited for practicing singing?
- Talented people are gifted in several areas
- Solar energy would work in Karachi Pakistan
- What makes your Instagram profile unique
- What causes yellow thread-like mucus in stool
- Who makes a great YouTube intro
- Buy solipsists life insurance
- People really use calendar apps
- What makes a good living space
- What is the English word for indur
- Manchester is blue now
- How much does a tombstone cost
- The end of industrial civilization is necessary
- Why does social media skew the news
- What do you love outrageously
- What is compound demand
- What is 34 4
- What is the psychology behind intruders into the privacy
- Is god a scientist
- What is stool conformation
- Need brownies eggs
- How is the ranking in SRM Delhi NCR
- Why can't cells directly absorb glucose?
- What are optical storage devices