When will Walmarts W 2 be available?
Walmart plans to hire 2,000 new employees in various tech areas this year. The retail giant wants to use them to advance its offline and online activities faster and thus better position itself in the fight against Amazon.
Walmart plans to hire 2,000 new employees this year in software development, data scientists and other tech areas. This was announced by Walmart's Chief Technology Officer Jeremy King in a Bloomberg television interview, Fortune reports.
Last year, Walmart's tech subsidiary already hired 1,700 new employees. In total, the technology division that King currently heads employs around 7,500 people. The CTO, who joined Walmart in 2011 after working at eBay and several startups, also oversees Walmart's cloud computing network and its databases.
With the help of the new employees, the multichannel retailer wants to advance both its offline and online activities more quickly. Specifically, Walmart wants to use the strengthened tech team to expand its online business and embed in-store technologies: for example, robots that scrub floors and scan shelves. The retail giant is thus pursuing the goal of gaining market share from competitors such as Amazon.
Other technological innovations
Other technological innovations include algorithms that help store staff to pick online orders faster by mapping the optimal route through the aisles.
Walmart's grocery service, which brings customers ordered goods to their cars, is currently available in 2,100 stores. In 2019, this service is to be expanded to a further 1,000 branches, as it is said to have contributed intensively to increasing sales of groceries at Walmart.
The Click & Collekt service was also the focus of a television commercial that was broadcast during the awarding of the Golden Globes.
Walmart's recruitment will further fuel competition with Amazon for the best talent. Especially in emerging regions like Northern Virginia, where Walmart has a 150-strong team in Reston, the struggle for qualified employees is getting more intense. Because Amazon recently selected the nearby Arlington as the location for its second headquarters.
- What would be the MBTI personality type Snapes
- What is Trika in Kashmir Shaivism
- Any good book on C Mobile Development
- Why is everyone against Bashar al Assad
- What if you only drank alkaline water
- Can I use Kotlin for web development?
- How can I book a Gatidhara taxi
- What was Romania's strategy in World War II
- What are the different types of funds
- Who will be an entrepreneur
- Why do we use a starter
- Do you like to be black
- Mesopotamia was famous for something
- What temperature will diesel ignite
- Can General Motors compete with Tesla
- How can retailers stay relevant in 2020?
- Where do policemen have their cars repaired?
- How can we manage to write essays?
- Where is the country of Djibouti
- How bad are burgers for your health
- What is BigBasket's delivery time
- Minoxidil 10 is banned in Ireland
- Likes Germany Great Britain
- What is a RapidWeaver stack